Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Update on this years PacificNW914meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Our yearly meet might need to take place somewhere other than my Pizza Parlor. I honestly have been losing money for a while & am ready to stop the bleeding. I was a little to stubborn in not selling alchohol. It just didn't sit well with me & I never did it. That & people jerking me around with buying the place the last 8 months. I'm tired, broke & more than a little depressed about the whole thing. I am feeling a little better knowing I am near the end of this chapter in my life. I also had to close my Video store last December because a Hollywood video opened. The big companies Hollywood & Little ceasars have cost me alot this year.
Enough of my life & back to the meet. Anyone willing to take up the torch this year. I would gladly host the meet at my house for a BBQ if need be. I don't see myself having the time to plan it this year though. I am not real sure what I will be doing at this point yet as far as work. So I don't want to commit my time to this that I may not have.
On a better note my family is great & I'm looking forward to a summer of fun. Hopefully involving me driving another 914 again! Although I will admit my 914 life has been temporarily filled in with my 4wheelin at the dunes. A totally different thing but a blast! We'll see you all soon- Jamie
Porsche Rescue
Good to hear from you Jamie. Hope all works out for you.
Don't know if the landlord would approve, but I nominate Craig's New Expanded Camp 914. It's located near some nice two-lane country roads. Maybe put a swap meet in there as well.
Jim
Gint
I wish you the best Jamie. I hope everything works out.

I'm all for the Camp 914 location. I might even make a flight. You guys have dates?
ablose58
Keep me posted guys. A swap meet sounds great. pray.gif AL PS best o luck to you jamie!! wavey.gif
scotty
agree.gif
my family is great & I'm looking forward to a summer of fun.

Glad to hear it, Jamie! For what it's worth, Little Ceasar makes crappy pizza -- as bad as Dominos.

Swap meet? Heck, my wife wants some of this stuff *gone* ! laugh.gif
red914
a swap meet and pacnw meeting? as long as it is in late june, july, or august, and on a weekend, it sounds great! and Camp914 could be a swell place! what do Craig and Jim think?

little ceasar's doesn't qualify as pizza in civilized nations, does it? and i make it a point to never set foot in a hollyweird video. sorry to hear about an independent pizza joint closing. good luck in your next venture.
Porsche Rescue
I probably put my foot in it. Camp 914 is Craig's so I can't speak for him (too much anyway). Craig rents the facility and the landlord lives on the property. So first issue, if Craig is interested, is whether the landlord would allow us to disrupt him for a day. We'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.