Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel injection question, trigger points?
mike_the_man
post Apr 13 2004, 04:46 PM
Post #1

I like stuff!

Group: Members
Member No.: 809

Hi all,

Over the winter I pulled my injection harness and cleaned it up, replaced a few wires, etc. I removed the 3 wires from the trigger point connection, and I'm not sure if I hooked them up properly. I know that that center wire is ground, and I know that I got that one right, but the the wires on either side of the clip could be mixed up. Does it matter which wire goes where? I realize that the injectors fire in banks of two, so my thinking is that it probably doesn't matter too much, but what do I know??? (Not much!) So, if it does matter which is which, how do I figure it out?

Thanks,
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Dave_Darling
post Apr 13 2004, 08:24 PM
Post #2

914 Idiot

Group: Members
Member No.: 121
Region Association: Northern California

Look for numbers on the plastic part of the trigger points where the electrical plug goes. Those numbers are the same as the pin numbers in the ECU connector--if it says "12", it connects to pin #12 in the connector. (Pins in the ECU connector are numbered starting from one end of the other; I forget which.) Use your connectivity tester to see which wire is which.

--DD
+Quote Post
mightyohm
post Apr 13 2004, 08:40 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 162
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I think the connector plugs in either way. The phasing of the injectors should not (does not) matter.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 04:18 AM