Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injection question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mike_the_man
Hi all,

Over the winter I pulled my injection harness and cleaned it up, replaced a few wires, etc. I removed the 3 wires from the trigger point connection, and I'm not sure if I hooked them up properly. I know that that center wire is ground, and I know that I got that one right, but the the wires on either side of the clip could be mixed up. Does it matter which wire goes where? I realize that the injectors fire in banks of two, so my thinking is that it probably doesn't matter too much, but what do I know??? (Not much!) So, if it does matter which is which, how do I figure it out?

Thanks,
Dave_Darling
Look for numbers on the plastic part of the trigger points where the electrical plug goes. Those numbers are the same as the pin numbers in the ECU connector--if it says "12", it connects to pin #12 in the connector. (Pins in the ECU connector are numbered starting from one end of the other; I forget which.) Use your connectivity tester to see which wire is which.

--DD
mightyohm
I think the connector plugs in either way. The phasing of the injectors should not (does not) matter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.