Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Model Specific Information

914/4: 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 914/6: 70 71 72

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> PORSCHE DEALERS IN SOUTHERN CAL
VRROOMM1
post Aug 31 2010, 01:40 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,302
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 30 2010, 07:46 PM) *

QUOTE(bembry @ Aug 30 2010, 10:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Aug 29 2010, 06:20 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 27 2010, 09:31 AM) *

Tom, its in the fine print above. Sept 1973.

No comment from you on my 914S ads in the other thread? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)

Thanx Jeff - 73 should match VROOM's 70 MY 914 & Brent's 73 too.
I don't recall when Bakersfield got their Porsche+Audi dealership - maybe 78?
- do you know Jeff?

I loved that 914S post/pic, but I haven't had a chance to do a post in there yet with Steve G's original 914S plates like that - real NJ & he's an "expert"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
... I'm traveling thru 9/7, so am limited on my fun stuff! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Tom,
I think you're probably right about B-field getting their Porsche+Audi dealership in around '78. That's about as early as I remember it. We had Van Wyk's selling VWs in town though too--I know they had a VW-Porsche dealership (before those went away) on the central coast--like Santa Barbara or Ventura or something. Maybe they had some Porsches early on?

Brent, IIRC when VOA & Porsche started the seperate dealerships program, they wouldn't allow any VW dealers not willing to pony up the $150-250k to build a separate Porsche+Audi facility (could be on the same site/property - many/most were) to sell Porsches or Audis out of the VW facility after the change in 69/70.

Now maybe a BF VW dearler had an outside deal with one of the surrounding P+A dealers where they got a cut of the sales commission & could work a purchase at a distance as an arranger & have the car delivered to BF for the customer? But if so, then that would be an off the books kind of a thing.

VROOM - did you get what you needed for your 914's info? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
... now that we've hijacked your thread with related info for Brent, etc. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
thanks lots of good info, i have to find someone that knows the cali or la dmv codes for the dealers in that year .when i find out i will let you know thanks to all. doug
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Aug 31 2010, 07:18 PM
Post #22

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(VRROOMM1 @ Aug 31 2010, 12:40 PM) *

thanks lots of good info, i have to find someone that knows the cali or la dmv codes for the dealers in that year .when i find out i will let you know thanks to all. doug

Try calling or emailing the Mgr at Circle Porsche (can't recall his name & I'm "on the road" away from my Rolodex - yes I still keep one!), but he's a good guy & helpful. Probably why Circle is one of Porsche's Premier dealers! Chances are that they'll know the other local Porsche dealerships' code nos. at least. You can get their contact info off of the Porsche website's dealer locator feature.
+Quote Post
bembry
post Sep 2 2010, 04:24 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 4,499
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Anyone know if Steve Taub Porsche Audi in Santa Monica was doing business when 914s were sold?

I found something online where a guy bought a car from them in 1978, but can't find much else, other than they recently sold the business.
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 2 2010, 05:16 PM
Post #24

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(bembry @ Sep 2 2010, 03:24 PM) *

Anyone know if Steve Taub Porsche Audi in Santa Monica was doing business when 914s were sold?

I found something online where a guy bought a car from them in 1978, but can't find much else, other than they recently sold the business.

Brent - see Jeff's book at post #5 top of page - that was what the Santa Monica dealership was called in 73, & you can compare addresses but they may have moved since then & it's obviously changed hands since your info too.

Nothing shows up in Santa Monica now at their dealer locator -
http://www.porschedealer.com/dealer/usLocator/search.php
+Quote Post
VRROOMM1
post Aug 4 2011, 05:03 PM
Post #25

I FOUND IT! after a year of trying i found the dealer that my car came from bob smith porsche-audi 1751 north cahuenga blvd hollywood ca. dmv#148 that number is all i had to go on and i found it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif)
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Aug 8 2011, 01:56 PM
Post #26

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104
Region Association: None

Keep an eye out for these then...(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
VRROOMM1
post Aug 23 2011, 11:43 AM
Post #27

yes i would like to find one
+Quote Post
loren7025
post Mar 14 2012, 10:03 PM
Post #28

Member No.: 14,239
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(bembry @ Aug 26 2010, 06:06 AM) *

I didn't see it on the list (but I could have just missed it):

Does anyone know what the name of the Porsche-Audi place was in Bakersfield, CA late 70s/80s? It's not the same one that's there now.

I'm putting together a 1976 914 that was first sold at Gardner Porsche in Bakersfield. It was later traded in and resold in 1978 at the same dealership which was now named Columbus Porsche. I have the cars owners manual with dealer stamps and dates. Not sure when Van Wyks was selling or their address. Columbus later became Family. Family later moved from the previous Gardner/Columbus location to the 'Auto Mall. Family then moved to a new location in the Auto Mall and became Porsche of Bakersfield.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:10 AM