Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Classifieds Rules

We've established the following rules to help make your sales/purchases as successful as possible!
- Please List WTB:, FS:, TRADE: etc (want to buy, for sale, and trade respectively) before your add title.
- You *must* put a price in your ad and state how you would like payment!
- If you'd like to bump your ads, feel free to do so every two days.
- DO NOT MAKE YOUR ADS IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS! It's considered rude.
- All eBay ads belong in the eBay category.
- Please consolidate your ads into one big lump... listings and pictures together in one thread. Please be considerate of other classified users!!
- Mark your items "SOLD" once you sell them. Please do not ask to have ads removed. Ads will automatically hide themselves after 30 days. We also ask that you leave your pricing in the ads to help others determine fair market value for future sales.

> Anyone got a V8 Engine Crossmember?
quadracerx
post Aug 26 2010, 11:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,366
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Hey Guys....

Anybody got a Renegade SBC V8 Engine Mount Crossmember that they want to sell?

Thanks...

Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 5)
bdstone914
post Aug 26 2010, 12:12 PM
Post #2

bdstone914

Member No.: 1,319

QUOTE(quadracerx @ Aug 26 2010, 08:24 AM) *

Hey Guys....

Anybody got a Renegade SBC V8 Engine Mount Crossmember that they want to sell?

Thanks...

Steve

Pretty sure I have one. Whats it worth to you?
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
quadracerx
post Aug 26 2010, 03:34 PM
Post #3

Member No.: 6,366
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I know that there are at least two different companies making V8 kits, anyone know if they are interchangable? I have a Renegade adapter do I have to stay with the Renegade Engine Mount?

I have no idea what these things are worth used....I know a new Renegade one new is
$ 275.00? I could make my own but Im lazy..

Anybody got a picture of a Renegade one I searched the forum but couldnt find a clear picture....

I think the Renegade one moves the engine toward the rear of the car but I dont know for sure...and if it does anyone know how much?

Thanks for all your help....By the way Im driving the "red car" a little everyday....its so much fun and I couldnt have done it without everyones help....so thanks again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Steve
+Quote Post
stewteral
post Sep 16 2010, 10:26 PM
Post #4

Old Member

Member No.: 8,424
Region Association: Southern California

[quote name='quadracerx' date='Aug 26 2010, 02:34 PM' post='1361692']
I know that there are at least two different companies making V8 kits, anyone know if they are interchangable? I have a Renegade adapter do I have to stay with the Renegade Engine Mount?

I have no idea what these things are worth used....I know a new Renegade one new is
$ 275.00? I could make my own but Im lazy..

Anybody got a picture of a Renegade one I searched the forum but couldnt find a clear picture....

I think the Renegade one moves the engine toward the rear of the car but I dont know for sure...and if it does anyone know how much?

Thanks for all your help....By the way Im driving the "red car" a little everyday....its so much fun and I couldnt have done it without everyones help....so thanks again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Hey quadracerx:

The Renegade engine crossbars I've seen are cheesy 1" X 2" tube that BENDS in the middle. Typical of Renegade stuff, it was JUNK. The Factory bar is Forged Steel and much stronger material, too bad it was not engineered for a 550 lb Chevy.

I'd recommend being a bit adventurous and look to make your own. I made my own from 2-1/2" square tube and it is a solid structural member. Take a look at my photos and you can see my design. I strengthened the perch by welding in an extra layer of sheet steel and then ran 2 BIG bolts down to the crossbar. BTW: The 2 black brace bars are an option to brace the rear swing-arm mountings for the corner loads of my 315/35-17 Hoosiers on 11" rims. If you're running more "normal" sized tires, you shouldn't need them.

I'm running an SBC w/ a 930 and the "on centerline" alignment for the crossbar worked perfectly. For the 901 trans the distance from the bell housing to the axle centerline will be less by something around 1/2", but the best way is to simply measure from the half-shaft C/L forward to the motor mount C/L and position the crossbar appropriately. The make the fit correct, you can weld tubes for the bolts
forward of C/L.

If you don't weld yourself, I'm sure a weld shop could build you a GOOD crossbar
for much less than $275....

Hope this help,
Terry

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Sep 17 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #5

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

Should be worth ~ 125-150 or so on a resale market.

I would figure about 5 hours of fab and work at home.. So its all what your time is worth.

Good luck all!
+Quote Post
Andyrew
post Sep 17 2010, 02:38 AM
Post #6

Spooling.... Please wait

Member No.: 172
Region Association: Northern California

dbl post
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 05:52 PM