Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone got a V8 Engine Crossmember?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
quadracerx
Hey Guys....

Anybody got a Renegade SBC V8 Engine Mount Crossmember that they want to sell?

Thanks...

Steve
bdstone914
QUOTE(quadracerx @ Aug 26 2010, 08:24 AM) *

Hey Guys....

Anybody got a Renegade SBC V8 Engine Mount Crossmember that they want to sell?

Thanks...

Steve

Pretty sure I have one. Whats it worth to you?
quadracerx
I know that there are at least two different companies making V8 kits, anyone know if they are interchangable? I have a Renegade adapter do I have to stay with the Renegade Engine Mount?

I have no idea what these things are worth used....I know a new Renegade one new is
$ 275.00? I could make my own but Im lazy..

Anybody got a picture of a Renegade one I searched the forum but couldnt find a clear picture....

I think the Renegade one moves the engine toward the rear of the car but I dont know for sure...and if it does anyone know how much?

Thanks for all your help....By the way Im driving the "red car" a little everyday....its so much fun and I couldnt have done it without everyones help....so thanks again beerchug.gif

Steve
stewteral
[quote name='quadracerx' date='Aug 26 2010, 02:34 PM' post='1361692']
I know that there are at least two different companies making V8 kits, anyone know if they are interchangable? I have a Renegade adapter do I have to stay with the Renegade Engine Mount?

I have no idea what these things are worth used....I know a new Renegade one new is
$ 275.00? I could make my own but Im lazy..

Anybody got a picture of a Renegade one I searched the forum but couldnt find a clear picture....

I think the Renegade one moves the engine toward the rear of the car but I dont know for sure...and if it does anyone know how much?

Thanks for all your help....By the way Im driving the "red car" a little everyday....its so much fun and I couldnt have done it without everyones help....so thanks again beerchug.gif

Hey quadracerx:

The Renegade engine crossbars I've seen are cheesy 1" X 2" tube that BENDS in the middle. Typical of Renegade stuff, it was JUNK. The Factory bar is Forged Steel and much stronger material, too bad it was not engineered for a 550 lb Chevy.

I'd recommend being a bit adventurous and look to make your own. I made my own from 2-1/2" square tube and it is a solid structural member. Take a look at my photos and you can see my design. I strengthened the perch by welding in an extra layer of sheet steel and then ran 2 BIG bolts down to the crossbar. BTW: The 2 black brace bars are an option to brace the rear swing-arm mountings for the corner loads of my 315/35-17 Hoosiers on 11" rims. If you're running more "normal" sized tires, you shouldn't need them.

I'm running an SBC w/ a 930 and the "on centerline" alignment for the crossbar worked perfectly. For the 901 trans the distance from the bell housing to the axle centerline will be less by something around 1/2", but the best way is to simply measure from the half-shaft C/L forward to the motor mount C/L and position the crossbar appropriately. The make the fit correct, you can weld tubes for the bolts
forward of C/L.

If you don't weld yourself, I'm sure a weld shop could build you a GOOD crossbar
for much less than $275....

Hope this help,
Terry

Andyrew
Should be worth ~ 125-150 or so on a resale market.

I would figure about 5 hours of fab and work at home.. So its all what your time is worth.

Good luck all!
Andyrew
dbl post
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.