Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Smoke, but no fire!
jones
post Apr 14 2004, 02:08 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,751

Got in the car this morning for work. Started, let idle to warm-up, started to stumble (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) , a few small backfires (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) , BANG (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) !! One hell of a backfire, looked back, smoke from engine compartment, grabbed fire putter outer device, opened engine compartment, no fire but ALOT of thick smoke, said piss and shit!!! Made sure nothing was still burning and nothing was leaking, disconnected battery and called for a ride from co-worker. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif)
I am now home (I am going to play hookie this afternoon now) and have not yet gone back into the garage. I was releived to see it still standing when I returned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) .
The smoke was a mix of electric smell and exaust. Like nothing I have seen before. Dark and thick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/barf.gif) .
I am now going to vent, anyone offended by swear words and general crazy ranting read no further!
FUCK SHIT AND MORE FUCKING SHIT!!! If it is not one thing it is the fucking other. I have been diligent in my persuits with my car and give nothing but care and love! It has been a bitch and pain in my ass trying to explain the amount of time and money I spend in the garage to my girlfriend. Now I will be back down in the way to fucking small confines of the engine compartment looking @ this, testing that, under the car, over the car, it could be this it could be that!!!! It could be I need to sell the fucking thing (or better yet give it away to the bitch @ my work that I don't like who thinks it's "cute") and buy a big ass SUV!
But, alas, I love my car (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) and now will go down and work thru the problem.
To my car I say: I will help you, you help me.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:19 PM