Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smoke, but no fire!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jones
Got in the car this morning for work. Started, let idle to warm-up, started to stumble unsure.gif , a few small backfires sad.gif , BANG ohmy.gif !! One hell of a backfire, looked back, smoke from engine compartment, grabbed fire putter outer device, opened engine compartment, no fire but ALOT of thick smoke, said piss and shit!!! Made sure nothing was still burning and nothing was leaking, disconnected battery and called for a ride from co-worker. headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
I am now home (I am going to play hookie this afternoon now) and have not yet gone back into the garage. I was releived to see it still standing when I returned clap56.gif .
The smoke was a mix of electric smell and exaust. Like nothing I have seen before. Dark and thick barf.gif .
I am now going to vent, anyone offended by swear words and general crazy ranting read no further!
FUCK SHIT AND MORE FUCKING SHIT!!! If it is not one thing it is the fucking other. I have been diligent in my persuits with my car and give nothing but care and love! It has been a bitch and pain in my ass trying to explain the amount of time and money I spend in the garage to my girlfriend. Now I will be back down in the way to fucking small confines of the engine compartment looking @ this, testing that, under the car, over the car, it could be this it could be that!!!! It could be I need to sell the fucking thing (or better yet give it away to the bitch @ my work that I don't like who thinks it's "cute") and buy a big ass SUV!
But, alas, I love my car wub.gif and now will go down and work thru the problem.
To my car I say: I will help you, you help me.
Mark Henry
If it smells like burning oil and your teen leaks it could be oil in your heat exchangers.

The bang almost sounds like it's dumping raw fuel down it, might want to check for a stuck open injector, or if it's carbed a stuck float valve. The bang may have been the gas igniting in the exhaust system.
Dave_Darling
Not sure how well this will work, Jones, but here's a possible avatar for ya. In hopes of distracting you from your current pain.
Bleyseng
Thats why these cars are like women! Hell, even DaveDarling has problems with them as its only been four years since his ran.....
Let me know if I can help..

Geoff
ablose58
Soo sorry about your problem confused24.gif If I can help you out any way I will. Hope you get this problem ironed out for the 24th. AL wavey.gif
jones
Thanks guys!
Dave_Darling
Different version. Both lifted from http://www.jonessoda.com , BTW.

--DD
Bleyseng
I don't think they have a Jones Beer yet but the sodas are pretty good.

Geoff laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.