Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Need a trained eye..., ...some hose connections
stateofidleness
post Aug 29 2010, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,065
Region Association: None

Hey fellas,
Car ('73 1.7L) likes to not idle too well and I've always thought it was partly due to a vacuum leak somewhere. I took the air cleaner out for the first time today to vacuum out leaves and cedar, and found a hose not connected to anything.

The hose not connected to anything is connected to the distributor on one end, and was laying underneath the air cleaner on the other.

I also noticed that the thing by the battery tray appears to be missing some connections on either side (decel valve maybe?)

Can you take a look at the attached pics and see if you spot anything not right with the connections? Where would that distributor hose connect to?

I also have an after-market air cleaner that is supposed to work for the 2.0L. I thought this was swappable with the 1.7L, but the 1.7 has 2 90degree bends in the plastic air cleaner, and the 2.0L one only has 1. You can see in the pic where the previous owner put some kind of glue or something on the intake and I thought maybe there's a leak there as well.

does anyone have a 1.7L intake plastic piece with no cracks?

Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd May 2024 - 01:14 PM