Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> What dellorto setup should I use for a 1.7 ?
theo
post Aug 30 2010, 02:34 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,417

I had a pair of dellorto carbs that were on a 2.0 engine, the engine was no longer being used so I put them on a 1.7 engine I have in my car to replace the single weber that I had been using. When I installed them on the 1.7 engine, the car idled at around 2k rpm. My question is what dellorto jet setup works well on the 1.7, I think what I have are 40’s, I assume that is much too big for this engine, also where could I find the parts or jets I need? (I don’t know very much about carbs)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
ME733
post Aug 31 2010, 07:00 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,209
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(theo @ Aug 30 2010, 04:34 PM) *

I had a pair of dellorto carbs that were on a 2.0 engine, the engine was no longer being used so I put them on a 1.7 engine I have in my car to replace the single weber that I had been using. When I installed them on the 1.7 engine, the car idled at around 2k rpm. My question is what dellorto jet setup works well on the 1.7, I think what I have are 40’s, I assume that is much too big for this engine, also where could I find the parts or jets I need? (I don’t know very much about carbs)

..........Dellorto made ...36 mm butterfly... carbs with 28 mm venturis.(labled DRLA 36)...They work very well on small displacement engines....(1700,cc)....parts, rebuild kits and jets are available.............I have a set with no planned use in the forseeable future....and they have been preserved properly, in silicone oil.
+Quote Post
jsaum
post Aug 31 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 7,809
Region Association: None

I have a set of 36's where can you get parts?

Thanks,
Jsaum
+Quote Post
jsaum
post Aug 31 2010, 11:05 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 7,809
Region Association: None

I found the kits on cb performance's site, it's the floats that aren't available. Anyone have an idea on the floats? Sorry if I'm hijacking the tread!

Jsaum
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 01:30 AM