Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What dellorto setup should I use for a 1.7 ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
theo
I had a pair of dellorto carbs that were on a 2.0 engine, the engine was no longer being used so I put them on a 1.7 engine I have in my car to replace the single weber that I had been using. When I installed them on the 1.7 engine, the car idled at around 2k rpm. My question is what dellorto jet setup works well on the 1.7, I think what I have are 40’s, I assume that is much too big for this engine, also where could I find the parts or jets I need? (I don’t know very much about carbs)
ME733
QUOTE(theo @ Aug 30 2010, 04:34 PM) *

I had a pair of dellorto carbs that were on a 2.0 engine, the engine was no longer being used so I put them on a 1.7 engine I have in my car to replace the single weber that I had been using. When I installed them on the 1.7 engine, the car idled at around 2k rpm. My question is what dellorto jet setup works well on the 1.7, I think what I have are 40’s, I assume that is much too big for this engine, also where could I find the parts or jets I need? (I don’t know very much about carbs)

..........Dellorto made ...36 mm butterfly... carbs with 28 mm venturis.(labled DRLA 36)...They work very well on small displacement engines....(1700,cc)....parts, rebuild kits and jets are available.............I have a set with no planned use in the forseeable future....and they have been preserved properly, in silicone oil.
jsaum
I have a set of 36's where can you get parts?

Thanks,
Jsaum
jsaum
I found the kits on cb performance's site, it's the floats that aren't available. Anyone have an idea on the floats? Sorry if I'm hijacking the tread!

Jsaum
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.