Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> New Product, Specialty tool
ChrisFoley
post Sep 8 2010, 03:10 PM
Post #1

I am Tangerine Racing

Group: Members
Member No.: 209
Region Association: None

I was tired of the axle shafts hanging down on a car with the engine removed a long time ago.
I've used bungees, coat hangers, tie downs, etc. to hold them up out of the way while crawling about under the car.
Its even worse when you have to move the car and the halfshafts bang around, sometimes jamming a CV joint.
Some time ago I came up with the idea of using a 2 ft. piece of cardboard tube over the inner CVs to keep them together but the tube rolls off to one side quickly and one axle falls out.
Its only a minor irritation but with the number of cars we have at the shop which are engine-less, often needing to be pushed around from one area to another, I wanted a better solution.
So here it is:

Attached Image

The bracket bolts to the rear trans mounts, and the flange/tube assembly acts like an open diff. The flanges will have bolt holes for 3 different CV sizes often used on 914s.

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 08:34 AM