Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Had a maintenance day!, Lots done learned a lot
Ian Stott
post Sep 11 2010, 06:52 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

Booked a bay in a friends garage, had a laesson in valve adjusting by an excellant mechanic, got the oil screen cleaned thoroughly and installed proper gaskets and guess what! No leaks! Tore interior all apart and installed new cable to operate the heat flappers, I'm gonna have heat! Installed new bushings in the rear sway bar links, no more clunking noises! I'll probably hear new ones now from something else! Took steering rack inspection plate off and sent it to my body man friend so he can sandblast, prime and paint it, I have the new seals to put on when it comes back. Got a lot of little things done and fixed a lot of small things, like the engine tin grommet for the alternator cable was not in place but is now. I noticed the seal where the engine tin meets the body is quite dry and brittle, better order those seals! I'm gonna take a stab at making the clock work, right now it's correct twice a day, I think it would be cool if I can get it working as it is original. Does anyone do this??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
gasman
post Sep 11 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #2

Member No.: 8,602
Region Association: South East States

Pelican has a tech article on the clock repair...Give it a try. I did and it works
+Quote Post
orange914
post Sep 11 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #3

http://5starmediaworks.com/index.html

Member No.: 3,818
Region Association: Northern California

thats a good feeling when you check off the check list (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

i'll bet there i a quarts movement O.E. clock motor replacement out there.
+Quote Post
pcar916
post Sep 12 2010, 07:21 AM
Post #4

Is that a Lola?

Member No.: 4,188
Region Association: None

We can read all of the documentation in the world but it's those marathon days in the guts of our cars that make us smart about our machinery. Without them we'd have no stories to tell!

Attack your clock and fix it. It's a good thing.
+Quote Post
Ian Stott
post Sep 12 2010, 02:07 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 8,635
Region Association: Canada

Went for a short drive to a friends house, car working great, really nice to have heat working! Found some more things to sort out, but hey, every day the car is better than when I got it! I got to hear the engine from my old parts car get fired up and it was nice to hear positive comments from the guy that has it. The blue smoke took a while to go away as I had way overfilled it with oil on purpose when I stored it, and I would go out and turn it over by handevery once in a while, I guess that was not a bad thing to do.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 08:16 AM