Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Had a maintenance day!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ian Stott
Booked a bay in a friends garage, had a laesson in valve adjusting by an excellant mechanic, got the oil screen cleaned thoroughly and installed proper gaskets and guess what! No leaks! Tore interior all apart and installed new cable to operate the heat flappers, I'm gonna have heat! Installed new bushings in the rear sway bar links, no more clunking noises! I'll probably hear new ones now from something else! Took steering rack inspection plate off and sent it to my body man friend so he can sandblast, prime and paint it, I have the new seals to put on when it comes back. Got a lot of little things done and fixed a lot of small things, like the engine tin grommet for the alternator cable was not in place but is now. I noticed the seal where the engine tin meets the body is quite dry and brittle, better order those seals! I'm gonna take a stab at making the clock work, right now it's correct twice a day, I think it would be cool if I can get it working as it is original. Does anyone do this??

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
gasman
Pelican has a tech article on the clock repair...Give it a try. I did and it works
orange914
thats a good feeling when you check off the check list beerchug.gif

i'll bet there i a quarts movement O.E. clock motor replacement out there.
pcar916
We can read all of the documentation in the world but it's those marathon days in the guts of our cars that make us smart about our machinery. Without them we'd have no stories to tell!

Attack your clock and fix it. It's a good thing.
Ian Stott
Went for a short drive to a friends house, car working great, really nice to have heat working! Found some more things to sort out, but hey, every day the car is better than when I got it! I got to hear the engine from my old parts car get fired up and it was nice to hear positive comments from the guy that has it. The blue smoke took a while to go away as I had way overfilled it with oil on purpose when I stored it, and I would go out and turn it over by handevery once in a while, I guess that was not a bad thing to do.

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.