Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Getty Door Panels, The search continues!
IronHillRestorations
post Sep 16 2010, 06:08 AM
Post #21

I. I. R. C.

Group: Members
Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

Yes, John did an all leather 914 interior for me about 14 years ago. Came out awesome. I did have to call, and call, and call, and threaten legal action, but it came out beautiful.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
914Sixer
post Sep 16 2010, 05:48 PM
Post #22

914 Guru

Member No.: 3,457
Region Association: Southwest Region

Has anybody checked with James at 914 Appearance about making some of these up? He is now making the door covers and back wall in fiberglass.
+Quote Post
TurboWalt
post Sep 17 2010, 05:20 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 11,463
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(TurboWalt @ Sep 16 2010, 09:20 AM) *

Update:

"The Porsche Place" & "Original Fit Interiors" are the same place. Spoke with John. He does offer the updated 911 style door panels for our 914's. The pricing seemed to be reasonable, of course materials and stitching options drive the price up. He starts with a stock door panel and modifies it, does some fiberglassing etc. He has no cores, you must send him yours.
Given past feedback from various boards it appears that John does decent work. He is just very slow on filling orders. Has anybody here dealt with him in the past?

I just received an E/mail back from John @ Original Fit. Apparently he was sourcing his armrest pockets from Getty, which are NLA. The search continues, I want a set of these.
+Quote Post
DRPHIL914
post Sep 17 2010, 06:18 AM
Post #24

Dr. Phil

Member No.: 11,106
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2010, 07:48 PM) *

Has anybody checked with James at 914 Appearance about making some of these up? He is now making the door covers and back wall in fiberglass.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

James is just finishing up a custom back pad for me, and now that he is using the fiberglass panals- he has fiberglass door panals already- i am sure he could do custom- might be doing a mod. to 911 actual arm rest but i bet he can get it done for us, maybe a group buy thing or something like that.

Phil
+Quote Post
TurboWalt
post Sep 17 2010, 06:49 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 11,463
Region Association: Northern California

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Sep 17 2010, 03:18 PM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 16 2010, 07:48 PM) *

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

James is just finishing up a custom back pad for me, and now that he is using the fiberglass panals- he has fiberglass door panals already- i am sure he could do custom- might be doing a mod. to 911 actual arm rest but i bet he can get it done for us, maybe a group buy thing or something like that.

Phil

I just sent James an e/mail about an hour ago. Maybe with more than just one e/mail to him we could twist his arm a little on this? I'm more than willing and would be very happy to have a new pair of panels made from the glass ones that he offers now.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 09:22 AM