Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fuel Pump Clacking Noise, Do all pumps sound like this?
7TPorsh
post Sep 17 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #1

7T Porsh

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,782
Region Association: Southern California

I haven't been around other 914s in person so not sure if this is normal.

I have a dual weber 2.0 with a Facet fuel pump located under the battery tray on the block/tin.. When i turn the ignition on, i get a really loud clicking and cackling noise coming out off the engine compartment, i am guessing it's the pump.

My old fiat's pump used to whine a little and sounded cool like a cam gear driven engine. This pump makes a racket and makes the running engine sound even louder.

Is the noise the pump? Do facet pumps do this? Is there another electric pump i can install that will be quiet or will make a more pleasing tone?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Sep 17 2010, 05:03 PM
Post #2

914 Guru

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

yes especially when the tank is dry or the flow restricted. You may want to rubber mount the facet with the 914 style fuel pump mounts AND not have it mounted higher than the carbs.

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 17 2010, 03:57 PM) *

I haven't been around other 914s in person so not sure if this is normal.

I have a dual weber 2.0 with a Facet fuel pump located under the battery tray on the block/tin.. When i turn the ignition on, i get a really loud clicking and cackling noise coming out off the engine compartment, i am guessing it's the pump.

My old fiat's pump used to whine a little and sounded cool like a cam gear driven engine. This pump makes a racket and makes the running engine sound even louder.

Is the noise the pump? Do facet pumps do this? Is there another electric pump i can install that will be quiet or will make a more pleasing tone?

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 01:21 PM