Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Pump Clacking Noise
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
7TPorsh
I haven't been around other 914s in person so not sure if this is normal.

I have a dual weber 2.0 with a Facet fuel pump located under the battery tray on the block/tin.. When i turn the ignition on, i get a really loud clicking and cackling noise coming out off the engine compartment, i am guessing it's the pump.

My old fiat's pump used to whine a little and sounded cool like a cam gear driven engine. This pump makes a racket and makes the running engine sound even louder.

Is the noise the pump? Do facet pumps do this? Is there another electric pump i can install that will be quiet or will make a more pleasing tone?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes especially when the tank is dry or the flow restricted. You may want to rubber mount the facet with the 914 style fuel pump mounts AND not have it mounted higher than the carbs.

QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 17 2010, 03:57 PM) *

I haven't been around other 914s in person so not sure if this is normal.

I have a dual weber 2.0 with a Facet fuel pump located under the battery tray on the block/tin.. When i turn the ignition on, i get a really loud clicking and cackling noise coming out off the engine compartment, i am guessing it's the pump.

My old fiat's pump used to whine a little and sounded cool like a cam gear driven engine. This pump makes a racket and makes the running engine sound even louder.

Is the noise the pump? Do facet pumps do this? Is there another electric pump i can install that will be quiet or will make a more pleasing tone?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.