Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Buyer Beware - Auto Atlanta
URY914
post Sep 20 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #21

I built the lightest 914 in the history of mankind.
****************************************************************************************************

Group: Members
Member No.: 222
Region Association: None

These threads are always fun to watch... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
GeorgeRud
post Sep 20 2010, 06:38 PM
Post #22

Advanced Member

Member No.: 4,482
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Every business will make mistakes, but it is the handling of their mistakes that makes the difference.

I'd absolutely give George a call and explain the situation. It is possible that there is a reason for the charges, but that should be explained at the time of ordering. Tough thing to do in this internet age, and sometimes websites are not quite as accurate as people would like. There's nothing as good as talking to those in charge as they are the ones that set "policy".
+Quote Post
JoeSharp
post Sep 21 2010, 07:29 AM
Post #23

In Irvine, Ca. May 15-18

Member No.: 898
Region Association: South East States

When goerge makes all of the wrongs right I'll look at the aa catalog.
We know that ain't gonna happen.
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Sep 21 2010, 07:53 AM
Post #24

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

I believe it is wrong to post a beef without making the effort to resolve it first directly. it is more honorable to give the source of the problem first crack at resolution BEFORE you go public. call me first and we can work it out. talk a bunch of crap then call...I got nothin for ya but a well trained size 9 , but thats just my opinion.
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Sep 21 2010, 07:53 AM
Post #25

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 21 2010, 08:29 AM) *

How do you know? Have you made all your wrongs right? Well, have you? You have no way of knowing what George or anyone else will do! Do you know what I'm going to do next? Didn't think so.
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Sep 21 2010, 08:23 AM
Post #26

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

I'd like to see pics of the cheapo parts.
+Quote Post
underthetire
post Sep 21 2010, 08:32 AM
Post #27

914 Guru

Member No.: 9,623
Region Association: Northern California

Well, like I said before, I try not to order from AA, i've had my issues with them, but in the end it always worked out. I think George is a good guy, I just don't think his people care as much as he does.
+Quote Post
MoveQik
post Sep 21 2010, 08:33 AM
Post #28

What size wheels can I fit?

Member No.: 3,881
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Sep 21 2010, 06:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Joe Sharp @ Sep 21 2010, 08:29 AM) *

How do you know?

Well, I don't KNOW that the Sun will come up tomorrow but I would be willing to wager....
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Sep 21 2010, 08:34 AM
Post #29

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418

I am down visiting my mother for the week in Florida, but just to give you guys something more to gab about:

The FACTORY windshield top seal that we are selling just below 200.00 cannot be folded very well without breaking it (maybe that is why mikey sells the three piece repro unit for more money) so it has to go oversize to california
The visor clip is of fine quality as compared to the discontinued last sold for over 64 dollars factory variety and just needs the pin. Mikey makes one of these with the pin if you would prefer and it is a good piece
The timing hole plug, no longer available at the factory is just as good as the last of the originals. 9.00 extra shipping to california for oversize as is stated on our site and all of the 75 and over standard size orders are free,, is not too much to ask for a safe delivery

NOW should Carrie have e mailed you about the 9.00 for the oversize charge? Certainly. They have their hands full this week that is for sure.

Keep the feedback coming. Whenever we can be everything to everyone is when we have arrived at the best customer service in the world. (so to speak)

QUOTE(Bristol @ Sep 20 2010, 09:53 AM) *

Well… I’m grossly disappointed in Auto Atlanta. I placed an order with them last week and had anticipated free shipping as their website advertises free shipping on orders over $100, except for oversized items. The online order processing clearly indicated no shipping charge, all was good. Guess what, I was indeed charged shipping and did not find out about it until the parts were received. The item that pushed my order into being oversized was a window seal. Their website does not state anything about their policy, but what it comes down to (according to their customer support) is any package over 10” X 10” X 10” is considered oversized! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) I was thinking more of big packages being oversized rather than just small and medium sized ones! I didn’t think a window seal would be “oversized” and there is no way to tell from their site (Pelican Parts does this though). A rational and reasonable call to Customer Support got me absolutely nowhere. They were standing by their policy even though they knew it was subjective and not communicated to the customers. Basically they told me I’d need to talk to George as he’s the one who sets this policy. Maybe he’ll see this and help me, but the main purpose of this post is to make other 914 owners aware of their ambiguous policy on “free” shipping and to use caution when ordering from them. Buyer beware.

To add insult to injury, in this order I also got a cap for my timing hole and a sun visor bracket. These were both reproductions. The quality of the material is disappointing to say the least. They appear to be very fragile and poorly finished. I’m definitely going to stay away from these kinds of repo parts in the future and just try to source used parts if new originals are not available. So, again, buyer beware.

Kirk

+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Sep 21 2010, 08:59 AM
Post #30

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Sep 21 2010, 08:53 AM) *

I believe it is wrong to post a beef without making the effort to resolve it first directly. it is more honorable to give the source of the problem first crack at resolution BEFORE you go public. call me first and we can work it out. talk a bunch of crap then call...I got nothin for ya but a well trained size 9 , but thats just my opinion.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 21 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #31

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095

When we experience issues like this I expect the complaint to be made to me or my team directly before being posted anywhere for any reason. Not doing this just isn't fair to the company, no matter the cost or situation.

I am not taking up for George at all, the fact is that situations occur and the company should have the opportunity to make the situation right before being grilled or put in front of a firing squad. If someone complains to others before they complain to me, they won't get a damn thing- period.

But thats just me and I am not always right.
+Quote Post
PRS914-6
post Sep 21 2010, 09:21 AM
Post #32

Excellence Magazine Project 914 3.6

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 6,031

I think it's pretty simple. Do business with the people that treat you right. I have only made a few purchases from AA. One went great and the rest of them caused me significant time and hassle to get resolved because they weren't what they told me or felt gouged on shipping. One was a turn signal switch. I wanted OEM and confirmed 3 times before ordering that it was OEM then it got cancelled. See thread below. Then I basically got told how stupid I was for wanting a more expensive part when aftermarket would work. The OEM was much smoother working but that doesn't matter. I REQUESTED OEM!

While George may come to the rescue for every problem that comes up, give you a refund, give out his cell phone, his home phone and birth certificate but if the problems went away you wouldn't need that info. The problems are told over and over here and no other company gets brought up as often for a problems as AA. My time is valuable to me and I choose to spend that time with companies that don't cause me grief when I buy from them.

In addition, I built an entire car and had no problem finding any part I needed from other sources and usually cheaper. However, I would pay more for a part than buy from AA again due to the hassle factor.

Yes, George loves these cars. No doubt. He has a lot of parts, he has a lot of knowledge, he generates a lot of threads but he didn't EARN my business. I think it's sad actually that a company with such potential generates this many horror stories. Bottom line?.....If you are happy than buy from them. It's your choice.

The turn signal incident is HERE George starts a thread by publishing my personal correspondence with him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) You can make the call.....
+Quote Post
Ferg
post Sep 21 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #33

914 Guru

Member No.: 116

QUOTE(PRS914-6 @ Sep 21 2010, 07:21 AM) *

I think it's pretty simple. Do business with the people that treat you right. I have only made a few purchases from AA. One went great and the rest of them caused me significant time and hassle to get resolved because they weren't what they told me or felt gouged on shipping. One was a turn signal switch. I wanted OEM and confirmed 3 times before ordering that it was OEM then it got cancelled. See thread below. Then I basically got told how stupid I was for wanting a more expensive part when aftermarket would work. The OEM was much smoother working but that doesn't matter. I REQUESTED OEM!

While George may come to the rescue for every problem that comes up, give you a refund, give out his cell phone, his home phone and birth certificate but if the problems went away you wouldn't need that info. The problems are told over and over here and no other company gets brought up as often for a problems as AA. My time is valuable to me and I choose to spend that time with companies that don't cause me grief when I buy from them.

In addition, I built an entire car and had no problem finding any part I needed from other sources and usually cheaper. However, I would pay more for a part than buy from AA again due to the hassle factor.

Yes, George loves these cars. No doubt. He has a lot of parts, he has a lot of knowledge, he generates a lot of threads but he didn't EARN my business. I think it's sad actually that a company with such potential generates this many horror stories. Bottom line?.....If you are happy than buy from them. It's your choice.

The turn signal incident is HERE George starts a thread by publishing my personal correspondence with him. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/screwy.gif) You can make the call.....

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Your turn signal story pretty much mirrors my experience. I could not have said it better.

Ferg
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Sep 21 2010, 10:25 AM
Post #34

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

I will be cautious when others warn me but i will let you define yourself not by what you did to others but what you do with me.

ie. I hired a self proclaimed Porsch guru who many warned against. while he did turn out to be a turd, he did not hurt me or my business.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Sep 21 2010, 10:54 AM
Post #35

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Sep 21 2010, 08:01 AM) *

When we experience issues like this I expect the complaint to be made to me or my team directly before being posted anywhere for any reason. Not doing this just isn't fair to the company, no matter the cost or situation.

I am not taking up for George at all, the fact is that situations occur and the company should have the opportunity to make the situation right before being grilled or put in front of a firing squad. If someone complains to others before they complain to me, they won't get a damn thing- period.

But thats just me and I am not always right.

seems like the poster did contact the company first before posting here. Sure he didn't talk to george, but georges sales and order people should have been able to fix this. when you have a big bussiness you have to hire people to run it when your gone.

if no notice of a shipping charge is made during the order process, then no shipping charge should be expected. if the shipping charge should have been made per company policy then that charge should have been clearly spelled out.

i would think if the customer was Not told about the charges at the time of the order, then it would be good practice to refund the shipping amount. I mean it is only $9 a small amount to assure customer satisfaction. Ecspecially since george admits his staff should have emailed the poster that their would be a shipping charge.

That would have been the right way to handle this.

gearge has responed here, and is basically saying his staff should have informed you of the charges. but did not. with that admission I would hope your shipping charge would be refunded. Now we have the offical responce, the company forgot to inform you of the charge, but billed you anyway, but dispite this error on their part you should be thankful the part arrived safely????????

golly at give the man his $9 back, if it was not included in the total he was told then he shouldn't be charged it.

for credit card charges you have the right to dispute them in these kinds of cases.

the order taking should have included the total final cost. That is the problem, get it fixed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) Then there will not be bad feedback for this type of thing again.

+Quote Post
ConeDodger
post Sep 21 2010, 10:59 AM
Post #36

Apex killer!

Member No.: 3,380
Region Association: Northern California

Wow! I just read that thread Paul linked.

Paul isn't the only one in Sacramento who managed to find a new dash. They were out there a bit back...

I know Paul personally and count him as a friend. He seldom compromises on his projects. If he goes to the trouble to work to source something, you don't wnat to give him something else. He knows what he wants. Even if you think he's wrong (or me for that matter) you should explain your point and give him what he wants.

+Quote Post
WFG
post Sep 21 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #37

Member No.: 5,243

George does a lot for us 914 owners if you have a problem call him personaly I am sure he will make it right If you want to whine get a towel
+Quote Post
scotty b
post Sep 21 2010, 06:49 PM
Post #38

rust free you say ?

Member No.: 3,419

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
kart54
post Sep 21 2010, 07:02 PM
Post #39

Member No.: 3,520

You guys really need a good cheese and a nice loaf of french bread.

That way you'll have something to go with your whine.

This thread just reminded me why I never post here anymore.

Kart 54
+Quote Post
ripper911
post Sep 21 2010, 07:17 PM
Post #40

corde pulsum tangite

Member No.: 11,654

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/jerkit.gif)

A lot of people here have a problem with George or his company, but I think we all know that by now...

If I need 914 parts, I go to AA (IMG:style_emoticons/default/first.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 02:35 AM