Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> can anyone help me identify this bent tube, accelerator cable and speedometer tubes
JayDubbya
post Sep 20 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,985
Region Association: None

I am in the process of replacing the accelerator cable and the speedometer cable. But I have run into a conundrum: There is a third tube visible from beneath the car. And I cannot identify that tube. And it is very similar in appearance to the accelerator cable tube. And it is badly bent and has a cable sticking out of it that appears very similar to the trailing end (the end which attaches near the throttle body) of an accelerator cable. The cable is firmly stuck inside the bent tube and so far I have not been able to pull it free to see more of it.

If anyone can refer to the attached image file and tell me what the bent tube is for I'd really appreciate it. (Note - the blue-colored line in the photo might cause confusion. That blue line is what I was using to "fish" the new accelerator cable through the tube.)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
yeahmag
post Sep 20 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Member No.: 3,946
Region Association: Southern California

Heater flaps. Connects to the red leaver by the shifter. Should be another one like it too.
+Quote Post
Cupomeat
post Sep 20 2010, 01:21 PM
Post #3

missing my NY 914 in VA

Member No.: 8,376
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Sep 20 2010, 02:59 PM) *

Heater flaps. Connects to the red leaver by the shifter. Should be another one like it too.

Yes, there is, you can see it in the picture above the shift rod bellows.

BTW, 75-76 heater cables are shorter than earlier years. BUT they only sell one size anymore, the longer ones.
+Quote Post
JayDubbya
post Sep 20 2010, 07:33 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 11,985
Region Association: None

Hey AARON & ERIC-

Thanks for the fast and excellent feedback!

You probably guessed my greatest fear - that maybe the previous guy had threaded the accelerator cable through the wrong hole because the correct one was all bent up. There are so many things I've encountered that are done backwards or horribly wrong on this car that I fear taking for granted that most anything is routed or wired correctly.

After reading your remarks that there was a second heater tube, I got under the car again and sure enough there is a second bent tube which is bent in the opposite direction - toward the driver's side of the car.

Thanks again !

-JW
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Sep 20 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welcome.png)
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 15th May 2024 - 12:50 PM