Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: can anyone help me identify this bent tube
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JayDubbya
I am in the process of replacing the accelerator cable and the speedometer cable. But I have run into a conundrum: There is a third tube visible from beneath the car. And I cannot identify that tube. And it is very similar in appearance to the accelerator cable tube. And it is badly bent and has a cable sticking out of it that appears very similar to the trailing end (the end which attaches near the throttle body) of an accelerator cable. The cable is firmly stuck inside the bent tube and so far I have not been able to pull it free to see more of it.

If anyone can refer to the attached image file and tell me what the bent tube is for I'd really appreciate it. (Note - the blue-colored line in the photo might cause confusion. That blue line is what I was using to "fish" the new accelerator cable through the tube.)
Click to view attachment
yeahmag
Heater flaps. Connects to the red leaver by the shifter. Should be another one like it too.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Sep 20 2010, 02:59 PM) *

Heater flaps. Connects to the red leaver by the shifter. Should be another one like it too.

Yes, there is, you can see it in the picture above the shift rod bellows.

BTW, 75-76 heater cables are shorter than earlier years. BUT they only sell one size anymore, the longer ones.
JayDubbya
Hey AARON & ERIC-

Thanks for the fast and excellent feedback!

You probably guessed my greatest fear - that maybe the previous guy had threaded the accelerator cable through the wrong hole because the correct one was all bent up. There are so many things I've encountered that are done backwards or horribly wrong on this car that I fear taking for granted that most anything is routed or wired correctly.

After reading your remarks that there was a second heater tube, I got under the car again and sure enough there is a second bent tube which is bent in the opposite direction - toward the driver's side of the car.

Thanks again !

-JW
rick 918-S
welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.