Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914 Seat restraints, How do you guys do it?
avidfanjpl
post Sep 22 2010, 12:26 PM
Post #1

914 Hemophiliac

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,566
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I got dinged on my seatbelt for AX. The good news is that we do several annual high speed events, and I do want to have a 5 or 6 point in the car.

Anyone know how to put in a Simpson 5 point into a 914?

How do I do the top belts and the submarine belt bolt mounts?

Sizes? Bolt or weld?

Any and all help appreciated.

In a black car, should I do black for looks, red so they can see them?

Silver might be nice. Blue, well, I don't think so.

Muchas in advance!

John
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 22)
qa1142
post Sep 24 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #21

Whiplash

Member No.: 2,140

I want to WIN

I will have DOT R tires to stick to the asphalt and new 5 lugs with clampers from Eric S (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Never again under matched on adhesion, may be under powered but never under glued (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Sep 24 2010, 10:19 AM
Post #22

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

PCA rules do state that if you have an instructor ride along, the passenger safety level must be equal to that of the driver. SO if you have harness and correct seat and want to do DE events, you will need two. At least until you are approved to solo.

I use CROW belts in my track car, cam lock and they have been great. Since you have to replace them more often, I like the most economical and safe choice...
+Quote Post
avidfanjpl
post Sep 25 2010, 03:37 PM
Post #23

914 Hemophiliac

Member No.: 11,566
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Belt on driver side is slightly worn and crying the retraction blues. I am allowed to use it for AX, but since Race day is 5 AX's away, I have to change and might as well do it now.

I am not interested in changing the seats out, but I will if I am forced to for PCA OCR Race Day, but I kinda doubt it. I must do both seats, and I am prepared to do both seats. I like the G Force stuff, as I will only do AX and Race Days, but not side by side. Too many amateurs.

I drive 100 miles a day in my G35 and I see idiots every hour. I am one of those defensive drivers. Because I know what losing traction is all about.

I raced karts from 1960 to 1970, then college and grad school in my Karmann Ghia RED ANT, then 1976 to 88 I had 4 different 914- 2.0L, all were AX'ed and race days.

Now I am back to a 914 and a Carrera 3.2 in weeks (just finishing some minor improvements) and figure to piss around with the 914 until I do a rebuild.

I was thinking about trying to locate some Scheel seats, or something, then do 5 points. But, there are LOTS of opinions about the back bar versus eyebolts through the floor pan and firewall.

I am absolutely not against eyebolts, new attractive seats that don't look like I should get a 3 point ticket, and don't want a roll bar.

I may sound unsure, but think of it this way. I like original, but I also like being safe and going as fast as I can at the absolute boundary of the coefficient of friction of the car.

With no one else on the track, or at least decently spaced on track day.

So, one last time, if I do seats, can I get something that is not from the Space Shuttle and do 5 point restraints, and maybe not ruin my otherwise nearly cherry interior and body?

This fine shade of definition is why I ask. I am absolutely interested in all your opinions, and one or two of you will convince me of what I will do.

Thanks!

John
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 05:18 AM