Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Smart Tracker GPS, Anyone familiar with this ?
jim_hoyland
post Sep 22 2010, 04:01 PM
Post #1

Get that VIN ?

Group: Members
Member No.: 643
Region Association: Southern California

Lots of GPS trackers out there; several threads covered them too. I kinda like this smart tracker; price is reasonable, service is sold "on demand " so ther are no annual fees.

Check it out: http://www.rmtracking.com/gpsproducts/vehi...art_tracker.php

I'm curious what you think of this unit

User is online!Profile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Mike Bellis
post Sep 22 2010, 08:40 PM
Post #2

Resident Electrician

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,496
Region Association: None

I don't know that brand. My last company used Discrete Wireless. The GPS was installed in all of the new fleet trucks. I can tell you, sometimes they don't work. We had a truck stolen. tried the locater, the last record was 5 days prior, 40 miles from where it was stolen. when they recovered the truck, the theif stole the GPS tracker. Go figure. On my work truck, the system said I was parked at the San Francisco warf for 4 months. They finaly swaped out my unit. It did come in handy when the Nubie was lost, out of oil, just drove 80 miles without oil and blew the engine. I located him and picked him up.

My conclusion: may be OK to locate a stolen car if the battery is still in the car. Don't use them to track employees and punish them based on the GPS. Not 100% reliable more like 50%
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 12:11 PM