Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Smart Tracker GPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Lots of GPS trackers out there; several threads covered them too. I kinda like this smart tracker; price is reasonable, service is sold "on demand " so ther are no annual fees.

Check it out: http://www.rmtracking.com/gpsproducts/vehi...art_tracker.php

I'm curious what you think of this unit

Mike Bellis
I don't know that brand. My last company used Discrete Wireless. The GPS was installed in all of the new fleet trucks. I can tell you, sometimes they don't work. We had a truck stolen. tried the locater, the last record was 5 days prior, 40 miles from where it was stolen. when they recovered the truck, the theif stole the GPS tracker. Go figure. On my work truck, the system said I was parked at the San Francisco warf for 4 months. They finaly swaped out my unit. It did come in handy when the Nubie was lost, out of oil, just drove 80 miles without oil and blew the engine. I located him and picked him up.

My conclusion: may be OK to locate a stolen car if the battery is still in the car. Don't use them to track employees and punish them based on the GPS. Not 100% reliable more like 50%
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.