Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> wheel camber, how to correct rear wheel camber
chrispy
post Sep 22 2010, 07:50 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,337
Region Association: None

My 1972 914 is mostly alive and back on the road (subject to DMV approval).
I purchased this non-op car and noticed excesive wear on the 10 year old tires, but planned on replacing them any way. Now that its off the jacks and rolling, I noticed the rear wheels having an inward lean of say 7 degrees on both sides.
I thought it might be short springs so I changed them with some spare stuts from my parts car. No change. I've searched on-line for tech articles on adjustment but so far zero. Any ideas
Thanks chrispy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
trapper
post Sep 22 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 258

QUOTE(chrispy @ Sep 22 2010, 09:50 PM) *

My 1972 914 is mostly alive and back on the road (subject to DMV approval).
I purchased this non-op car and noticed excesive wear on the 10 year old tires, but planned on replacing them any way. Now that its off the jacks and rolling, I noticed the rear wheels having an inward lean of say 7 degrees on both sides.
I thought it might be short springs so I changed them with some spare stuts from my parts car. No change. I've searched on-line for tech articles on adjustment but so far zero. Any ideas
Thanks chrispy

Rear camber on a 914 is set by adding or removing shims. Shims are removed to increase negative camber so it sounds like you don't have any shims installed.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 04:19 AM