Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: wheel camber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chrispy
My 1972 914 is mostly alive and back on the road (subject to DMV approval).
I purchased this non-op car and noticed excesive wear on the 10 year old tires, but planned on replacing them any way. Now that its off the jacks and rolling, I noticed the rear wheels having an inward lean of say 7 degrees on both sides.
I thought it might be short springs so I changed them with some spare stuts from my parts car. No change. I've searched on-line for tech articles on adjustment but so far zero. Any ideas
Thanks chrispy
trapper
QUOTE(chrispy @ Sep 22 2010, 09:50 PM) *

My 1972 914 is mostly alive and back on the road (subject to DMV approval).
I purchased this non-op car and noticed excesive wear on the 10 year old tires, but planned on replacing them any way. Now that its off the jacks and rolling, I noticed the rear wheels having an inward lean of say 7 degrees on both sides.
I thought it might be short springs so I changed them with some spare stuts from my parts car. No change. I've searched on-line for tech articles on adjustment but so far zero. Any ideas
Thanks chrispy

Rear camber on a 914 is set by adding or removing shims. Shims are removed to increase negative camber so it sounds like you don't have any shims installed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.