Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> AirCooled Gathering Flanders NJ 2010
tod914
post Sep 23 2010, 07:07 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Hey all, finally got all the photos posted on photobucket. Was a really nice event. Anything and everything VW AC you could think of attended. Close to 300 vehicles. This is the 1947 Beetle that was best of show.
Here's the link enjoy. Also a bunch of photos posted in the concours forum.
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/t...thering%202010/

Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Sep 23 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #2

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Kool Pix Tod! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Brings back memories on many of them -

My Great Aunt in Pittsburgh had a 63 White w/ Blue interior Corvair Monza Coupe like the Beige one which she tore around town up-n-down the steep Allegehny Foothills in her 60's & 70's! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

A colege buddy had an Orange Honda like that one in your pix, & he'd kid about wetting the rubber "visor" around the rear windows & sticking 2 together at a 45 degree angle with the suction! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Loved the Westy Buses & Vanagons! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Our 88 Westy wouldn't qualify since it's a waterboxer 2.1L, & it's a DD & camp mobile - which still has some sand in it from last weekend on Central Coast CA beach camping! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif)

Your 73 2L came out beautiful! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drooley.gif)
+Quote Post
tod914
post Sep 24 2010, 08:48 AM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Thanks for the compliment Tom. That little orange Honda was too cool. Looked like a motorcycle engine was in it. The level of restoration on some of those vw's was amazing. One was nicer than the next. Dave Cheek was giving me the scoup on that 1947 beetle. Super rare car. 25hp and had one of those crank starters in the back. Dave entered his camper. Beyond clean and all original too. Hoping to see his 914 at one of these shows again someday.
+Quote Post
VaccaRabite
post Sep 24 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #4

En Garde!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1,435
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

I have been saying for years that I was going to make the AACG one of these years. At the ECC this year I mentioned that we might want to consider doing the ECC at a venue like the AACG.

Zach
+Quote Post
rmital
post Sep 24 2010, 09:47 AM
Post #5

Northeast optimist

Member No.: 5,268

QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 24 2010, 11:36 AM) *

I have been saying for years that I was going to make the AACG one of these years. At the ECC this year I mentioned that we might want to consider doing the ECC at a venue like the AACG.

Zach

Tim camped Saturday night in his Westy....said the group was great!
definitely a consideration for next year.

The facilities are perfect for this or any bunch of "fun people"! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smoke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
Coy
post Sep 24 2010, 10:01 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 5,537

Great photos. Thanks!
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 21st May 2024 - 01:37 AM