Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AirCooled Gathering Flanders NJ 2010
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
Hey all, finally got all the photos posted on photobucket. Was a really nice event. Anything and everything VW AC you could think of attended. Close to 300 vehicles. This is the 1947 Beetle that was best of show.
Here's the link enjoy. Also a bunch of photos posted in the concours forum.
http://s283.photobucket.com/albums/kk296/t...thering%202010/

Click to view attachment
Tom_T
Kool Pix Tod! smile.gif

Brings back memories on many of them -

My Great Aunt in Pittsburgh had a 63 White w/ Blue interior Corvair Monza Coupe like the Beige one which she tore around town up-n-down the steep Allegehny Foothills in her 60's & 70's! biggrin.gif

A colege buddy had an Orange Honda like that one in your pix, & he'd kid about wetting the rubber "visor" around the rear windows & sticking 2 together at a 45 degree angle with the suction! laugh.gif

Loved the Westy Buses & Vanagons! wub.gif

Our 88 Westy wouldn't qualify since it's a waterboxer 2.1L, & it's a DD & camp mobile - which still has some sand in it from last weekend on Central Coast CA beach camping! shades.gif

Your 73 2L came out beautiful! drooley.gif
tod914
Thanks for the compliment Tom. That little orange Honda was too cool. Looked like a motorcycle engine was in it. The level of restoration on some of those vw's was amazing. One was nicer than the next. Dave Cheek was giving me the scoup on that 1947 beetle. Super rare car. 25hp and had one of those crank starters in the back. Dave entered his camper. Beyond clean and all original too. Hoping to see his 914 at one of these shows again someday.
VaccaRabite
I have been saying for years that I was going to make the AACG one of these years. At the ECC this year I mentioned that we might want to consider doing the ECC at a venue like the AACG.

Zach
rmital
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Sep 24 2010, 11:36 AM) *

I have been saying for years that I was going to make the AACG one of these years. At the ECC this year I mentioned that we might want to consider doing the ECC at a venue like the AACG.

Zach

Tim camped Saturday night in his Westy....said the group was great!
definitely a consideration for next year.

The facilities are perfect for this or any bunch of "fun people"! rolleyes.gif smoke.gif drunk.gif grouphug.gif flag.gif idea.gif shades.gif beer3.gif biggrin.gif
Coy
Great photos. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.