Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> 914World Internet Concours Event
tod914
post Sep 23 2010, 07:23 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

Just wanted to let everyone know, we plan on doing an Virtual Concours event here on the site. We will have Judges whom are members of this site with PCA Judging experience, several groups to choose from, possibly a peoples choice, and awards to go to the winners. The groups will be Preservation Group, Restoration Group, and Preperation Group. We will be judging Exterior, Interior, Trunks and Wheels, and Engine bays. No wheel wells or undercarriage for this event. Group desciptions will follow once the entrant rules are posted. We are still working out all the particulars so it runs smooth as possible. Tenative date for this would be late October. All the details will follow in the concours forum. Will keep you all updated as we progress. Looking foward to seeing you enter. Should be fun. If you judged before and are interested in helping out, please send me a pm.

Thanks, Tod
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 22)
azbill
post Sep 24 2010, 06:14 PM
Post #21

Member No.: 2,403
Region Association: Southwest Region

Round it out with a jack stand class or rustiest HAHAHAHA
+Quote Post
Pat Garvey
post Sep 24 2010, 06:35 PM
Post #22

Do I or don't I...........?

Member No.: 5,765
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 23 2010, 09:14 PM) *

I admire your enthusiasm but this whole idea sounds silly. Much of this will come down to who has the best camera, lighting and photography experience.

"Silly"?
It's meant to be a fun event! Is your 914 that filthy that you wouldn't give it a shot?

Don't be so negative. It's a bunch of clean freaks from thousands of mile apart who are just trying to have some fun.

Tod's post could have limited it to the O & E forum, but he's invited all to to play by posting it here.

You don't have to partake, but please don't "diss" those who may want to.

Remember, there are NO trophies. Nothing is to be gained or lost by taking part.

Silly, huh?
Pat
+Quote Post
rwilner
post Sep 24 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #23

No Ghosts in the Machine

Member No.: 11,530
Region Association: North East States

FWIW -- I think this is an awesome idea! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

What a great way to inspire those who are undergoing labors of love to repair/restore. AND get some good ideas for my own teener!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:43 AM