Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Autoatlanta aftermarket fuel injection kit
sooba_dave
post Sep 26 2010, 03:20 PM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 11,848
Region Association: Upper MidWest

QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 26 2010, 10:19 AM) *

THe way I read it the plenum is the biggest restrictor or how does the itbs work so much better on stock heads? Itb's will always flow more air than long tube intake manifolds.

Maybe I can graft a couple of 40 IDF's to the top of the d-jet plenum? Hmmm. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Sep 26 2010, 03:27 PM
Post #22

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

QUOTE(sooba_dave @ Sep 26 2010, 02:20 PM) *

QUOTE(charliew @ Sep 26 2010, 10:19 AM) *

THe way I read it the plenum is the biggest restrictor or how does the itbs work so much better on stock heads? Itb's will always flow more air than long tube intake manifolds.

Maybe I can graft a couple of 40 IDF's to the top of the d-jet plenum? Hmmm. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/drunk.gif)

Its been done... Many times.
BUT the fuel falls from suspension in those long ass runners and enters the chambers as liquid. When you try to tune the engine it always runs rich because of this.
+Quote Post
draganc
post Sep 26 2010, 03:31 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 11,000
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 26 2010, 09:01 AM) *

QUOTE(underthetire @ Sep 26 2010, 12:50 PM) *

Really? I can't get 50% more power with just FI ? How about if I add the fuel magnet and intake tornado? Maybe the electric turbo? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/teef.gif)

Stickers add 50hp. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol-2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
what color stickers?? does size matter? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/av-943.gif)
+Quote Post
dr914@autoatlanta.com
post Sep 26 2010, 04:13 PM
Post #24

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,418
Region Association: None

I would suggest it ONLY for a high performance engine. We combined the best of all of the fuel injection kits out there and the real saviour that puts it ahead is the custom distributor that my brother in law makes from a new 009 type. Makes the kit very easy to install with no rig up on the flywheel or the fan.

QUOTE(porscheless @ Sep 26 2010, 06:36 AM) *

Has anyone used this?

Thanks,

Joe

+Quote Post
swl
post Sep 26 2010, 06:39 PM
Post #25

Member No.: 4,550
Region Association: Canada

I like that idea George. I assume that the 009 is just providing the timing and you are mapping the advance using mps and rpm data? Still think it is a pretty neat solution for a stocker with a bad mps and tired dizzy. Tune it once and be done with it. Need deeper pockets than I have though. Costs more than I paid for my car!
+Quote Post
Mark Henry
post Sep 27 2010, 07:18 AM
Post #26

that's what I do!

Member No.: 26
Region Association: Canada

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 26 2010, 06:13 PM) *

I would suggest it ONLY for a high performance engine. We combined the best of all of the fuel injection kits out there and the real saviour that puts it ahead is the custom distributor that my brother in law makes from a new 009 type. Makes the kit very easy to install with no rig up on the flywheel or the fan.

Ok... and I think your dizzy is a acceptable (not quite as good as crankfire) way of getting around the issue, BUT "crank fire distributor" is totally wrong (misleading) terminology. Plus reading your ad make's it sound like just adding the FI will make a huge HP increase. That is not true, the fact is it will make no more HP than slapping a set of webers on.
It's the sum of all parts (heads, cam, displacement, headers, etc.) that increases HP.

IMO I don't consider the CB TB's the best as they are way too big (48mm) for most applications.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 04:16 AM