Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SMOG’s Mid-West 914 Classic, August 7, 2004
Curvie Roadlover
post Jun 9 2004, 03:51 AM
Post #41

Two trunks are better than one!

Group: Members
Member No.: 42

SMOG gratefully acknowledges (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Raby's Aircooled Technology for their support of the 2004 Mid-West 914 Classic.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) Thanks Jake!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jun 10 2004, 03:58 AM
Post #42

On behalf of the SMOG 2004 Mid-West 914 Classic organizers, I'd like to thank (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Rich Bontempi and High Performance House for thier support of our event.
Thanks, Rich (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Hawk
post Jun 10 2004, 11:08 AM
Post #43

Member No.: 57

The Midwest 914 Classic is proud to recognize the sponsorship of Pelican Parts. Thanks Wayne and Eli.

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Hawk
post Jun 10 2004, 11:14 AM
Post #44

Member No.: 57

Mid America Motorworks is now a sponsor of the Midwest 914 Classic. Thanks Janice and the guys for your support. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jun 10 2004, 03:59 PM
Post #45

SMOG is pleased to add Smart Racing Products to the distinguished list of 2004 Mid-West 914 Classic sponsors.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/pray.gif) Thanks, Smart Racing Products (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
914rick
post Jun 12 2004, 10:39 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 882

Tom/Dick
You guys have done a GREAT job of setting up this event. The list of sponsors is very impressive. Just wanted to issue a public THANK YOU for your efforts. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.
+Quote Post
SirAndy
post Jun 13 2004, 12:00 AM
Post #47

Resident German

Group: Admin
Member No.: 179
Region Association: Northern California

damm, how far is it from San Francsico?

if i go, i'd like to bring my car! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
Andy
+Quote Post
Pnambic
post Jun 13 2004, 03:46 PM
Post #48

Honk if you like obscene gestures!

Member No.: 546
Region Association: South East States

2368.4 Miles from San Francisco to Lake Whitmore, according to Microsoft Streets and Trips. So, at 90 mph, it'll take about 26 and a half hours...give or take. Think yer car could make it as a carry-on?(IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Garold, are you planning on driving up that morning? I'll drive wingman. (hopefully in a 914 of my very own, but we'll see) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jun 13 2004, 08:04 PM
Post #49

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 13 2004, 01:00 AM)
damm, how far is it from San Francsico?

if i go, i'd like to bring my car!  ;)
Andy

The ride from San Francisco to here is do-able in a 914 and I speak from personal experience on this. Did it in Nov.'02. The drive went better than I had expected. I brought along a huge bottle of motrin but never had to open it. I think 914's are, surprizingly, pretty comfortable cars for long hauls with the exception of the noise factor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
seanery
post Jun 14 2004, 07:19 AM
Post #50

waiting to rebuild whitey!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 100
Region Association: None

Andy's not new to the long distance 914 drive. He drove my 914 from SF to Hot Springs, AR last year. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jun 14 2004, 08:14 PM
Post #51

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346
Region Association: Upper MidWest

Hey Guys,
I just found out you guys (Rich) in the Milwaukee area can come across Lake Michigan (75 miles wide) and cut your drive time down. It's a new ferry boat service btwn. Milwaukee & Muskegon Mi. The cost is about $118 for automobiles & will save a lots of drive time around Chicago. One more reason for you guys to attend.
Tom
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Jun 14 2004, 09:20 PM
Post #52

Is winter done yet?

Member No.: 1,082

Previously we discussed taking the Badger across from Manitowoc WI (further north) but it has been a while. I'm still not sure if i'll be leaving from Minneapolis or from central WI, which would influence the decision of Milwaukee vs. Manitowoc. I'll go along with whatever is more convenient for the other drivers. It would certainly be fun to get a bunch of 914 owners together on the ride across. It's about the same driving distance from the twin cities to either Manitowoc or Milwaukee.

David
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 15 2004, 12:50 AM
Post #53

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

post the route from Mlps. to the event. Wife's up for the event if the car will go the distance. Verdict is still out on the car. Freeway driving is fine. In town is still an issue. The testing (over 600 miles since it hit the street) reveled a few minor problems. The Ferry sounds really Cool!
+Quote Post
TJB/914
post Jun 15 2004, 08:55 AM
Post #54

Mid-Engn.

Member No.: 346

Dave, Rich & others.
Hope this comes through on the ferry boat to MI. newspaper article. I am so interested in seeing the Alien!!!!!!! I would gladly donate $$ for Rich to attend (with or without the Alien). We need Rich for a how to discussion.

I also been thinking, how about an invite to George H?? What a team Rich & George!!! Don't anyone flame me for these thoughts. Two guys with different views on our beloved 914's. What a show highlight that would be!!!!!
Just my 2-cents worth.
Tom

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Milwaukee_to_Muskegon_ferry_boat__2.tif ( 22.82k ) Number of downloads: 10
+Quote Post
GaroldShaffer
post Jun 15 2004, 09:14 AM
Post #55

You bought another 914?

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 865
Region Association: None

Garold, are you planning on driving up that morning? I'll drive wingman. (hopefully in a 914 of my very own, but we'll see)

Not sure yet. We will just be getting back from spending a week with the Wife's family at a cottage somewhere in the woods of Michigan. There is going to 15 of us stuffed in this "cottage", lord help me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)
+Quote Post
Curvie Roadlover
post Jun 15 2004, 09:44 AM
Post #56

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Jun 15 2004, 09:55 AM)
I also been thinking, how about an invite to George H??

The announcement about the event on the AA forum was deleted by their administration (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spank.gif)
+Quote Post
aircooledboy
post Jun 15 2004, 12:33 PM
Post #57

Sweet Pea's 1st ride in daddy's "vroom -vroom"

Member No.: 1,629

I'm ihin, I'm inhin, Im in I'm in I'm inhin!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif)

Garold, if yer goin, I'm comming right thru your 'hood if you want to caravan. Going Friday. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
Dave-O
post Jun 15 2004, 07:49 PM
Post #58

Is winter done yet?

Member No.: 1,082

Lets see here,

From Minneapolis to Manitowoc: Take 94 out of the cities, take 29 through Chippewa Falls and Wausau. Take 41 from Appleton to Manitowoc. Total driving distance: 320 miles. Mostly 4 lane hwy with about 50 or so miles on two lane hwy. Minimal in-city driving.

From Minneapolis to Milwaukee: Take 94 the entire way. All 4 lany hwy. Total driving distance: 336 miles.

Taking the badger out of Manitowoc costs $49 per vehicle each way and $47 per passenger or $78 round trip. This ferry lands in Ludington MI. It leaves Manitowoc at 1:15 PM and 12:30 AM (ouch).

I would personaly prefer taking the Manitowoc ferry but if anybody wants to meet in Milwaukee i certianly wouln't mind taking that ferry either.

Let me know what you guys think,

David
+Quote Post
GWN7
post Jun 15 2004, 09:09 PM
Post #59

King of Road Trips

Member No.: 56

If you go thru Chippewa Falls stop downtown at the icecream shop...they make great sundays. Also they have working water fountains on the streets. Very nice town. The Mason shoe factory outlet is downtown too. ( don't stop if you really don't need shoes) Cray computers factory is there too.
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Jun 15 2004, 11:00 PM
Post #60

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43

Duluth to Whitmore Lake 717 miles. 11 hrs 31 mins. My Maping software shows the quickest route is south on hwy 53 to Eau Claire WI. south on I 94 to I 90 to Chicago. Around the tip of Lake Michigan then I 94 to Ann Arbor area to hwy 23 on in to Whitmore Lake area.

shortest is (as in not quickest is) hwy 2 through WI. (2 lane) to Hurley, highway 51 to Woodruff then to hwy 8. At wittenberg take 29 to Manitowac. Jump the ferry across Lake Michigan. Take 10 to I 35 south to I 96 to hwy 23. 582 miles 11 hrs.40 mins. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif) shorter but longer...
+Quote Post

5 Pages V < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 05:02 PM