Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 914-4 injection valves, Are there injection valves for the 914 with better connectors?
velum
post Sep 27 2010, 07:40 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,135
Region Association: None

Hi!

Are there injection valves for the 914-4 that have more modern connectors to which wires can be attached with a clamp? It happened a few times that I disconnected an injection valve without noticing it while playing in my engine. Today, I saw some nice stock Mustang injection valves that look like they could fit on a 914-4 with the original injector holders.

Cheers!

JF
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 27 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

not that will work with Djet.. if you can dislodge the injector connector off the rubber boot must to missing. Get new boots as they do hold the electrical connector on...
+Quote Post
velum
post Sep 27 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 27 2010, 10:32 PM) *

not that will work with Djet.. if you can dislodge the injector connector off the rubber boot must to missing. Get new boots as they do hold the electrical connector on...

Well it happened again today, and I now have a brand new harness. It is possible though that I hadn't pushed in the rubber boot properly.

You said "not with d-jet"... Why is that? Do the d-jet injection valve work differently? And what if I ever install a MegaSquirt FI system?

Cheers!

JF
+Quote Post
Bleyseng
post Sep 28 2010, 07:05 AM
Post #4

Aircooled Baby!

Member No.: 24
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

Djet injectors are low impedance and newer style ones aren't. Thats why if you check djet injectors with 12v they can fry! Use a 9v battery to hear em click.
If you change to MS you'll have to set up for the injectors you use.
+Quote Post
JeffBowlsby
post Sep 28 2010, 07:14 AM
Post #5

914 Wiring Harnesses

Member No.: 104

Hey JF,

Those D-Jet connectors on the harness should not just slip off easily, they are crimped to hold to the injector firmly, and the boot should be slipped over the housing on the injector, further keeping it all together.

Just be sure the connector is firmly pushed onto the injector and the boot wraps over the flange to capture it on the injector and you should have no problem.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
+Quote Post
Cap'n Krusty
post Sep 28 2010, 08:30 AM
Post #6

Cap'n Krusty

Member No.: 2,246
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 28 2010, 06:05 AM) *

Djet injectors are low impedance and newer style ones aren't. Thats why if you check djet injectors with 12v they can fry! Use a 9v battery to hear em click.
If you change to MS you'll have to set up for the injectors you use.

Uhhhhhhhh, I've been testing D-jet injectors with 12v for 37 years and have never seen one "fry". Maybe it's my delicate touch .................... L-jet is another story.

The Cap'n
+Quote Post
velum
post Sep 28 2010, 09:04 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 28 2010, 09:14 AM) *

Hey JF,

Those D-Jet connectors on the harness should not just slip off easily, they are crimped to hold to the injector firmly, and the boot should be slipped over the housing on the injector, further keeping it all together.

Just be sure the connector is firmly pushed onto the injector and the boot wraps over the flange to capture it on the injector and you should have no problem.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Hi Jeff,

On my injectors, or at least some of them, the connectors do slip off quite easily if there is no boot. Maybe they got oily and slippery at some point. I guess I could clean them with brake cleaner...

Cheers!

JF
+Quote Post
mihai914
post Sep 28 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 3,697

You can also slightly bend the tabs on the injector in opposite direction, it will offer some resistance for the connector to slip out and maybe a better contact at the same time.
+Quote Post
velum
post Sep 28 2010, 09:44 AM
Post #9

QUOTE(mihai914 @ Sep 28 2010, 11:30 AM) *

You can also slightly bend the tabs on the injector in opposite direction, it will offer some resistance for the connector to slip out and maybe a better contact at the same time.

Thanks Mihai for the tip!

Nice to see someone else from Montréal on this forum! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

Cheers!

JF
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 11:58 PM