Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-4 injection valves
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
velum
Hi!

Are there injection valves for the 914-4 that have more modern connectors to which wires can be attached with a clamp? It happened a few times that I disconnected an injection valve without noticing it while playing in my engine. Today, I saw some nice stock Mustang injection valves that look like they could fit on a 914-4 with the original injector holders.

Cheers!

JF
Bleyseng
not that will work with Djet.. if you can dislodge the injector connector off the rubber boot must to missing. Get new boots as they do hold the electrical connector on...
velum
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 27 2010, 10:32 PM) *

not that will work with Djet.. if you can dislodge the injector connector off the rubber boot must to missing. Get new boots as they do hold the electrical connector on...

Well it happened again today, and I now have a brand new harness. It is possible though that I hadn't pushed in the rubber boot properly.

You said "not with d-jet"... Why is that? Do the d-jet injection valve work differently? And what if I ever install a MegaSquirt FI system?

Cheers!

JF
Bleyseng
Djet injectors are low impedance and newer style ones aren't. Thats why if you check djet injectors with 12v they can fry! Use a 9v battery to hear em click.
If you change to MS you'll have to set up for the injectors you use.
JeffBowlsby
Hey JF,

Those D-Jet connectors on the harness should not just slip off easily, they are crimped to hold to the injector firmly, and the boot should be slipped over the housing on the injector, further keeping it all together.

Just be sure the connector is firmly pushed onto the injector and the boot wraps over the flange to capture it on the injector and you should have no problem.

smile.gif
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Sep 28 2010, 06:05 AM) *

Djet injectors are low impedance and newer style ones aren't. Thats why if you check djet injectors with 12v they can fry! Use a 9v battery to hear em click.
If you change to MS you'll have to set up for the injectors you use.

Uhhhhhhhh, I've been testing D-jet injectors with 12v for 37 years and have never seen one "fry". Maybe it's my delicate touch .................... L-jet is another story.

The Cap'n
velum
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 28 2010, 09:14 AM) *

Hey JF,

Those D-Jet connectors on the harness should not just slip off easily, they are crimped to hold to the injector firmly, and the boot should be slipped over the housing on the injector, further keeping it all together.

Just be sure the connector is firmly pushed onto the injector and the boot wraps over the flange to capture it on the injector and you should have no problem.

smile.gif

Hi Jeff,

On my injectors, or at least some of them, the connectors do slip off quite easily if there is no boot. Maybe they got oily and slippery at some point. I guess I could clean them with brake cleaner...

Cheers!

JF
mihai914
You can also slightly bend the tabs on the injector in opposite direction, it will offer some resistance for the connector to slip out and maybe a better contact at the same time.
velum
QUOTE(mihai914 @ Sep 28 2010, 11:30 AM) *

You can also slightly bend the tabs on the injector in opposite direction, it will offer some resistance for the connector to slip out and maybe a better contact at the same time.

Thanks Mihai for the tip!

Nice to see someone else from Montréal on this forum! beerchug.gif

Cheers!

JF
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.