Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> torsion bar adjusting screw, axle height
914 shifter
post Oct 3 2010, 09:52 PM
Post #1

airhead

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,111
Region Association: North East States

could someone please tell me what position my front a arms should be when i slide the adjust levers onto the torsion bars. i know they should be installed close to the stops so the screw has the most travel.i assume i should slide them on when my tie rods are level then fine tune when i lower my floor jack and the weight of the car makes tie rod ends go up then i screw in adjust bolts to lower arm and re level tie rods? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
jaxdream
post Oct 4 2010, 07:16 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 9,270
Region Association: South East States

Do you have a Haynes manual ?? It gives some good info as to arm height and such . Do a search here for torsion bar installs and tie rod adjustments . I'm sure others will chime in as there are a lot here that are way more experienced than me. Good luck....

Jack / Jaxdream
+Quote Post
McMark
post Oct 4 2010, 11:42 AM
Post #3

914 Freak!

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 419
Region Association: None

Yup, you'll just need to slide them into place, lower the car and roll it back and forth a few times to settle the suspension, then check your ride height, A-arm level & tie rod level. Then adjust things until you get the settings where you want them (ultra-low, most comfortable, high performance, etc). Then you'll need a full alignment at the new ride height.
+Quote Post
IronHillRestorations
post Oct 4 2010, 02:21 PM
Post #4

I. I. R. C.

Member No.: 439
Region Association: None

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) with Mark. Remember the "ride height" spec is the difference between the center of the wheel and the center of the torsion bar, the larger the number the lower the car sits.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th May 2024 - 07:41 PM