Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: torsion bar adjusting screw
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914 shifter
could someone please tell me what position my front a arms should be when i slide the adjust levers onto the torsion bars. i know they should be installed close to the stops so the screw has the most travel.i assume i should slide them on when my tie rods are level then fine tune when i lower my floor jack and the weight of the car makes tie rod ends go up then i screw in adjust bolts to lower arm and re level tie rods? confused24.gif
jaxdream
Do you have a Haynes manual ?? It gives some good info as to arm height and such . Do a search here for torsion bar installs and tie rod adjustments . I'm sure others will chime in as there are a lot here that are way more experienced than me. Good luck....

Jack / Jaxdream
McMark
Yup, you'll just need to slide them into place, lower the car and roll it back and forth a few times to settle the suspension, then check your ride height, A-arm level & tie rod level. Then adjust things until you get the settings where you want them (ultra-low, most comfortable, high performance, etc). Then you'll need a full alignment at the new ride height.
IronHillRestorations
agree.gif with Mark. Remember the "ride height" spec is the difference between the center of the wheel and the center of the torsion bar, the larger the number the lower the car sits.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.