Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Koni Reds.. part number please
tod914
post Oct 12 2010, 07:30 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 170

My shocks seem abit fatigued. They are an old set of Koni reds on the rear. Is there a new Koni Red replacement for this? All I seen are Koni yellow Sports. Haven't seen the newer externally adjustable reds listed for 914s on any vendor sites, only yellow. The car has black strut housings in the front (boge?), so will the konis work with that? No clue what's currently installed in there. Thanks.. a good vendor suggestion would be helpfull too. Oh and which bump shock bushings should I use?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(1 - 3)
pcar916
post Oct 13 2010, 09:06 AM
Post #2

Is that a Lola?

Member No.: 4,188
Region Association: None

Boge front strut inserts can be replaced by Koni inserts... or Bilstein inserts for that matter if you want a slightly softer ride up front. As for the rears, you can have them re-valved unless they're completely shot.

I know Smart-Racing does them but so do others. I'd call Koni first and get some pricing from the source.

Good luck

+Quote Post
Tom_T
post Oct 13 2010, 09:24 PM
Post #3

TMI....

Member No.: 10,181
Region Association: Southern California

Tod -

John Lewis / avidfanjpl on here - said that Koni will resto them to factory specs & then warranty them (he suggested that for my 1980 Koni Reds). Try PM'ing him for his contact back there, since he's an ex-Joisey Boy too!

BTW - if you dedide instead on new inserts, you just need to make sure to order the ones made for the Boge housings, & not for the OE the Bilstein or Koni struts/housings.
+Quote Post
tod914
post Oct 14 2010, 05:14 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Thanks Tom. I found a local guy that has a set of new yellow sports for sale. I'll double check the part number and likely go with them. The few places I called, said it was cost prohibitive to have the red's rebuilt. The shocks seems stiff when they are cold.. but after I drive the car a while, they soften. So I'm assuming they are on their way out or in need of repair. The reds are NLA now. Spoke with Jason at Paragon. Another winter project.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th May 2024 - 02:50 PM