Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Koni Reds.. part number please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tod914
My shocks seem abit fatigued. They are an old set of Koni reds on the rear. Is there a new Koni Red replacement for this? All I seen are Koni yellow Sports. Haven't seen the newer externally adjustable reds listed for 914s on any vendor sites, only yellow. The car has black strut housings in the front (boge?), so will the konis work with that? No clue what's currently installed in there. Thanks.. a good vendor suggestion would be helpfull too. Oh and which bump shock bushings should I use?
pcar916
Boge front strut inserts can be replaced by Koni inserts... or Bilstein inserts for that matter if you want a slightly softer ride up front. As for the rears, you can have them re-valved unless they're completely shot.

I know Smart-Racing does them but so do others. I'd call Koni first and get some pricing from the source.

Good luck

Tom_T
Tod -

John Lewis / avidfanjpl on here - said that Koni will resto them to factory specs & then warranty them (he suggested that for my 1980 Koni Reds). Try PM'ing him for his contact back there, since he's an ex-Joisey Boy too!

BTW - if you dedide instead on new inserts, you just need to make sure to order the ones made for the Boge housings, & not for the OE the Bilstein or Koni struts/housings.
tod914
Thanks Tom. I found a local guy that has a set of new yellow sports for sale. I'll double check the part number and likely go with them. The few places I called, said it was cost prohibitive to have the red's rebuilt. The shocks seems stiff when they are cold.. but after I drive the car a while, they soften. So I'm assuming they are on their way out or in need of repair. The reds are NLA now. Spoke with Jason at Paragon. Another winter project.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.