Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> opening to a valve?, small hole to either side of the manifold. how do u blockit up
surfaccing
post Oct 16 2010, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,189
Region Association: South East States

So I got one of the local porsche club members who knows 914 to come and look at my car and check out my motor. Now he told me the holes are a opening in the exhaust valvesand it suppose to have some tube that routes the fumes to a air cleaner so that when u get off the accelerator it helps keep the emissions on the exhaust down. But he also told me I don't need the tubes and air cleaners but I do need to block off the holes if I don't hook up the air cleaner because it is a port for the exhaust and u don't want a flame spilling out ur motor.
So I see its a threaded hole so is their some kind of screw ican just put in and forget about it? Or is their a way I can buy the proper tube that's suppose to go in their and then cap off the tube?

1976 914 2l 4cyclinder motor
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th May 2024 - 07:34 PM