Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 20 YO dream coming true today.
mikeatrpi
post Apr 20 2004, 11:38 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,914

Bethel? I'm not too far away- just over the border in NY. My Mazda came from Bethel. Great story, enjoy the car. I'm still looking for my first 914...
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
anthony
post Apr 20 2004, 02:57 PM
Post #22

2270 club

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 218

My 914 story is similar. I've always loved sports cars but I got turned on to the 914 because my uncle had two, a '72, and then a '74 2.0L. I still regret not buying his '74 2L when he sold it. It was still in showroom (yes showroom) mint condition with 67K miles as of about 12 years ago. He offered it to me for $8K at the time and since I was barely out of college it was a huge amount of money. Fast forward to two years ago, it finally dawned on me that I could easily afford a 914. As a result of my first post to Rennlist, I found my beautiful silver car. The more time that goes by I realize more and what a huge stroke of luck that was. It's harder and harder to find really nice original cars.
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Apr 21 2004, 10:18 AM
Post #23

Having a mid-life crisis @ 35

Member No.: 1,934

Thanks a lot for the good words and your stories. I like hearing about how people aquired their cars. Keep 'em coming.

Nobody pushed me not to buy another bike though but many liked my choice, others didn't (my riding buddies). I still have my old Suzuki 400 in the garage so I'm not bikeless, it just needs some carb work and fork seals to be road ready. My left thumb won't be strong enough to handle riding until at least July but I'm not going to push it since I'm left handed. I'll wait until next season to reconsider riding again. If I don't ride again, I'll just drain all the fluids and park my 400 in my living room. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/lol2.gif) It's great to be single. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool_shades.gif)

QUOTE (4WheelDrifter @ Apr 20 2004, 04:32 AM)
Everything works though, even the horn. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

mikez: "Bet the clock don't.... "

Oh yes it does! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap56.gif) The odometer doesn't though, no big surprise there.

STL, Bethel is next to Danbury. Sroll up to the beginning of the thread to see pics. It's wine or Maroon but will repaint to that lime green color, Don't know the real color name.

mikeatrpi, when you get one, give me a PM or Email. Or if you want to go for a spin in mine sometime. I always wished someone would offer me a ride in a 914 when I didn't have one.
+Quote Post
4WheelDrifter
post Apr 22 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #24

Having a mid-life crisis @ 35

Member No.: 1,934

Found out yesterday, the odometer works too! Thought the PO said it didn't work so I didn't check until yesterday.
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 04:07 PM