Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Weber Question, Right & Left?
GTown74
post Oct 20 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,174
Region Association: None

Hi Everyone,

I just got a new set of Dual Weber 40mm and I was told by the company in which I purchased them that Webers do not come in right & left side dual carbs like Dells. Is this correct?

Both of the carbs are identical which seems odd to me. This puts one main throttle shaft/speed control screw facing the front of the car and the other facing the back of the car on the other carb. Which in turn only allows me to hook up the linkage bar to the speed control end of one main throttle shaft and the other has to be hooked up to the back side on the other carb.

All of the photos of dual Webers I've seen online have both speed control screws always facing the front towards the linkage. Is something a miss here or is this the way Webers are just set-up?

Thanks for your help in advance!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th May 2024 - 05:02 AM