Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> don't you hate this?
siverson
post Oct 27 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

I could barely get in my car...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dio265.diomedestorage.com-654-1288237501.1.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dio314.diomedestorage.com-654-1288237505.2.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dio314.diomedestorage.com-654-1288237505.3.JPG)

-Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
oldschool
post Oct 27 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #2

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,705

QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 27 2010, 08:45 PM) *

-Steve

Dude that's sucks why would you park your 914 so close to that car man!
btw u drive your car in the rain. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif)
+Quote Post
rick 918-S
post Oct 27 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #3

Hey nice rack! -Celette

Member No.: 43
Region Association: Northstar Region

Great time to be wearing a big ol texas style belt buckle and some spurs. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif)
User is online!Profile CardPM
+Quote Post
hot_shoe914
post Oct 27 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #4

on ramp passer

Member No.: 8,354
Region Association: None

QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 27 2010, 10:45 PM) *

-Steve

I hope you kicked his door in and flattened his tires before you left him a note telling him what a lazy, inconsiderate piece of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) he was. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)
+Quote Post
Krieger
post Oct 27 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member

Member No.: 2,104

That sucks! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif)
+Quote Post
914itis
post Oct 27 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member

Member No.: 12,256
Region Association: North East States

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:49 PM) *

QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 27 2010, 10:45 PM) *

-Steve

I hope you kicked his door in and flattened his tires before you left him a note telling him what a lazy, inconsiderate piece of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/stromberg.gif) he was. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/slap.gif)

+Quote Post
RickS
post Oct 27 2010, 09:53 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 5,880

I bet if you let the air out of their right side tires, it would help you slide right in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
championgt1
post Oct 27 2010, 09:54 PM
Post #8

Don't embarrass me Filmore!

Member No.: 7,420
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post
messix
post Oct 27 2010, 09:57 PM
Post #9

AKA "CLUTCH KILLER"!

From: between shit kickers and pinky lifters/ puget sound wa.north of Seattle south of Canada
Member No.: 3,931

i know of a guy that carries a pair of wire cutters.... for teaching ass wipes a lesson by "cutting" the valve stems of a tire or more depending on how much of a lesson they need to learn.
+Quote Post
tod914
post Oct 27 2010, 09:59 PM
Post #10

Advanced Member

Member No.: 170

Lol same thing happened to me last week when I went for a hike. Found the most remote parking place in the park...started my hike, then a car full of people and dogs try to shoe horn their car next to me. Not another car around my spot for nearly 20 yards. I stood by my passanger door so they couldn't get out and fling their door into me. They finally got the idea and moved. 100 empty spots all around. Use to be a commercial like that on the top of a building parking lot. Always got a kick out of that one.
+Quote Post
RickS
post Oct 27 2010, 10:17 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 5,880

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 27 2010, 08:57 PM) *

i know of a guy that carries a pair of wire cutters.... for teaching ass wipes a lesson by "cutting" the valve stems of a tire or more depending on how much of a lesson they need to learn.

Friend of mine had his car repainted - and it was perfect job. Parked in a lot and came back to find a grand-mal door ding on his passanger side - big dent - paint cracked off - and better yet - a tiny bit of his paint on the driver door of the car next to him. He was soooooooooooooo mad, he took out his pen knife and did all four tires.

He then moved his car and waited for the asphole to return to his car. The woman freaked and had to call for a flatbed. Since my friend also was the sales manager of the nearby Firestone shop, he made sure he was there to help sell her the most expensive tires he had. He says it took every fiber in his body to not reach across the counter to choke her.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Oct 27 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #12

Member No.: 391

I find that folks do that in the San Diego area all the time to the handicap parking places and I call the police and generally wait until they get there to make sure they get a ticket. I have had it happen at work before I retired and I generally will find who the offender is and then embarrass them into moving their car by talking loud enough so lots of people hear it. If it is in a parking lot then a good door ding will help them remember.
+Quote Post
Mikey914
post Oct 28 2010, 12:06 AM
Post #13

The rubber man

Member No.: 3,348

Just food for thought. If they did damage your car by opening their door into you. a few pictures with the cell phone of the paint on their door (the color of you car), and the paint transfer onto your car would be hopefully enough evidence to make tier insurance co pay. Hell I'd probably call the cops is you could could get one to come. Hit and run maybe, or at least a vandalism with property damage might get them out.

Parking close is very annoying, but before I would damage anything, I'd try to get them to pay for the damage.

But I ramble on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)
+Quote Post
76-914
post Oct 28 2010, 08:45 AM
Post #14

Repeat Offender & Resident Subaru Antagonist

Member No.: 9,964

When I was just a kid, I knew a plumber that had business cards printed up just to address these A holes. He would just slip one under their windshield wiper. He even gave me a few. Wished I'd have saved some. They read "You could have taken up three parking spaces if you had tried".
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Oct 28 2010, 08:53 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

What an asshat. I often go out of my way to park in "safe" areas and someone always seems to park right next to me and close like that person did to you. Did you leave a greeting card on their window?
+Quote Post
realred914
post Oct 28 2010, 08:55 AM
Post #16

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

QUOTE(RickS @ Oct 27 2010, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 27 2010, 08:57 PM) *

Friend of mine had his car repainted - and it was perfect job. Parked in a lot and came back to find a grand-mal door ding on his passanger side - big dent - paint cracked off - and better yet - a tiny bit of his paint on the driver door of the car next to him. He was soooooooooooooo mad, he took out his pen knife and did all four tires.

He then moved his car and waited for the asphole to return to his car. The woman freaked and had to call for a flatbed. Since my friend also was the sales manager of the nearby Firestone shop, he made sure he was there to help sell her the most expensive tires he had. He says it took every fiber in his body to not reach across the counter to choke her.

that was a dumb shit move, he probably could have had the bad parker pay for the paint damage, but instead he flattened her tires and now cant really claim the door damage else he be charged with vandalism. stupid move. He is likely a bigger asshole than the bad parker is..

I'll be sure to avoid any Firestone stores cause they employee stupid people.

he had the evidence, the paint chip left behind, he should have called the cops who would have made a report then he should have claimed damages.

sad truth is that person that parked bad wont learn from this that her parking is bad, as she will never know that her bad parking caused damage, however she now knows there is some ass hole that slashes tires, hope she buys a gun for next time the tire slasher strikes.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Oct 28 2010, 09:01 AM
Post #17

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541

QUOTE(john rogers @ Oct 27 2010, 10:41 PM) *

I find that folks do that in the San Diego area all the time to the handicap parking places and I call the police and generally wait until they get there to make sure they get a ticket. I have had it happen at work before I retired and I generally will find who the offender is and then embarrass them into moving their car by talking loud enough so lots of people hear it. If it is in a parking lot then a good door ding will help them remember.

so your the self apointed cop that givers door dings to folks that you believe illegally park in handicap zones, jeewiz, your an asshole too. tell me will you ding a door on a 914 that you think is illegally parked in a handicap zone? what an asswipe, a self appointed do gooder whan to be cop with a thing about vandalism. tell me do you ding doors on cars that break other rules, like speeding, or tampering with smog control devices? if so, you'll make a lot of enemies here.

some of these posts about 914 owners purposely dinging cars and flatening tires makes me think some ass wipes are realy pricks behind the wheel.

+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Oct 28 2010, 09:03 AM
Post #18

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

Before most cars had remotes, I used to carry a handful of toothpicks with me. A toothpick broken off in each lock (so the dust flap folds back over it) makes for an entertaining show. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif)
+Quote Post
markb
post Oct 28 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #19

914less :(

Member No.: 180
Region Association: Central California

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Just food for thought. If they did damage your car by opening their door into you. a few pictures with the cell phone of the paint on their door (the color of you car), and the paint transfer onto your car would be hopefully enough evidence to make tier insurance co pay. Hell I'd probably call the cops is you could could get one to come. Hit and run maybe, or at least a vandalism with property damage might get them out.

Parking close is very annoying, but before I would damage anything, I'd try to get them to pay for the damage.

But I ramble on (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beer3.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Oct 28 2010, 11:11 AM
Post #20

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105

I always carry a few of these with me for just such situations:

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

3 Pages V  1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:10 PM