IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

-Steve
oldschool
QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 27 2010, 08:45 PM) *

I could barely get in my car...
-Steve

Dude that's sucks why would you park your 914 so close to that car man!
btw u drive your car in the rain. confused24.gif
rick 918-S
Great time to be wearing a big ol texas style belt buckle and some spurs. smash.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 27 2010, 10:45 PM) *

-Steve

I hope you kicked his door in and flattened his tires before you left him a note telling him what a lazy, inconsiderate piece of stromberg.gif he was. slap.gif
Krieger
That sucks! mad.gif
914itis
agree.gif
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:49 PM) *

QUOTE(siverson @ Oct 27 2010, 10:45 PM) *

-Steve

I hope you kicked his door in and flattened his tires before you left him a note telling him what a lazy, inconsiderate piece of stromberg.gif he was. slap.gif

RickS
I bet if you let the air out of their right side tires, it would help you slide right in. biggrin.gif
championgt1
ar15.gif
messix
i know of a guy that carries a pair of wire cutters.... for teaching ass wipes a lesson by "cutting" the valve stems of a tire or more depending on how much of a lesson they need to learn.
tod914
Lol same thing happened to me last week when I went for a hike. Found the most remote parking place in the park...started my hike, then a car full of people and dogs try to shoe horn their car next to me. Not another car around my spot for nearly 20 yards. I stood by my passanger door so they couldn't get out and fling their door into me. They finally got the idea and moved. 100 empty spots all around. Use to be a commercial like that on the top of a building parking lot. Always got a kick out of that one.
RickS
QUOTE(messix @ Oct 27 2010, 08:57 PM) *

i know of a guy that carries a pair of wire cutters.... for teaching ass wipes a lesson by "cutting" the valve stems of a tire or more depending on how much of a lesson they need to learn.

Friend of mine had his car repainted - and it was perfect job. Parked in a lot and came back to find a grand-mal door ding on his passanger side - big dent - paint cracked off - and better yet - a tiny bit of his paint on the driver door of the car next to him. He was soooooooooooooo mad, he took out his pen knife and did all four tires.

He then moved his car and waited for the asphole to return to his car. The woman freaked and had to call for a flatbed. Since my friend also was the sales manager of the nearby Firestone shop, he made sure he was there to help sell her the most expensive tires he had. He says it took every fiber in his body to not reach across the counter to choke her.
john rogers
I find that folks do that in the San Diego area all the time to the handicap parking places and I call the police and generally wait until they get there to make sure they get a ticket. I have had it happen at work before I retired and I generally will find who the offender is and then embarrass them into moving their car by talking loud enough so lots of people hear it. If it is in a parking lot then a good door ding will help them remember.
Mikey914
Just food for thought. If they did damage your car by opening their door into you. a few pictures with the cell phone of the paint on their door (the color of you car), and the paint transfer onto your car would be hopefully enough evidence to make tier insurance co pay. Hell I'd probably call the cops is you could could get one to come. Hit and run maybe, or at least a vandalism with property damage might get them out.

Parking close is very annoying, but before I would damage anything, I'd try to get them to pay for the damage.

But I ramble on beer3.gif beer3.gif
76-914
When I was just a kid, I knew a plumber that had business cards printed up just to address these A holes. He would just slip one under their windshield wiper. He even gave me a few. Wished I'd have saved some. They read "You could have taken up three parking spaces if you had tried".
tradisrad
What an asshat. I often go out of my way to park in "safe" areas and someone always seems to park right next to me and close like that person did to you. Did you leave a greeting card on their window?
realred914
QUOTE(RickS @ Oct 27 2010, 09:17 PM) *

Friend of mine had his car repainted - and it was perfect job. Parked in a lot and came back to find a grand-mal door ding on his passanger side - big dent - paint cracked off - and better yet - a tiny bit of his paint on the driver door of the car next to him. He was soooooooooooooo mad, he took out his pen knife and did all four tires.

He then moved his car and waited for the asphole to return to his car. The woman freaked and had to call for a flatbed. Since my friend also was the sales manager of the nearby Firestone shop, he made sure he was there to help sell her the most expensive tires he had. He says it took every fiber in his body to not reach across the counter to choke her.

that was a dumb shit move, he probably could have had the bad parker pay for the paint damage, but instead he flattened her tires and now cant really claim the door damage else he be charged with vandalism. stupid move. He is likely a bigger asshole than the bad parker is..

I'll be sure to avoid any Firestone stores cause they employee stupid people.

he had the evidence, the paint chip left behind, he should have called the cops who would have made a report then he should have claimed damages.

sad truth is that person that parked bad wont learn from this that her parking is bad, as she will never know that her bad parking caused damage, however she now knows there is some ass hole that slashes tires, hope she buys a gun for next time the tire slasher strikes.
realred914
QUOTE(john rogers @ Oct 27 2010, 10:41 PM) *

I find that folks do that in the San Diego area all the time to the handicap parking places and I call the police and generally wait until they get there to make sure they get a ticket. I have had it happen at work before I retired and I generally will find who the offender is and then embarrass them into moving their car by talking loud enough so lots of people hear it. If it is in a parking lot then a good door ding will help them remember.

so your the self apointed cop that givers door dings to folks that you believe illegally park in handicap zones, jeewiz, your an asshole too. tell me will you ding a door on a 914 that you think is illegally parked in a handicap zone? what an asswipe, a self appointed do gooder whan to be cop with a thing about vandalism. tell me do you ding doors on cars that break other rules, like speeding, or tampering with smog control devices? if so, you'll make a lot of enemies here.

some of these posts about 914 owners purposely dinging cars and flatening tires makes me think some ass wipes are realy pricks behind the wheel.

Sleepin
Before most cars had remotes, I used to carry a handful of toothpicks with me. A toothpick broken off in each lock (so the dust flap folds back over it) makes for an entertaining show. happy11.gif
markb
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 27 2010, 11:06 PM) *

Just food for thought. If they did damage your car by opening their door into you. a few pictures with the cell phone of the paint on their door (the color of you car), and the paint transfer onto your car would be hopefully enough evidence to make tier insurance co pay. Hell I'd probably call the cops is you could could get one to come. Hit and run maybe, or at least a vandalism with property damage might get them out.

Parking close is very annoying, but before I would damage anything, I'd try to get them to pay for the damage.

But I ramble on beer3.gif beer3.gif

agree.gif
Root_Werks
I always carry a few of these with me for just such situations:
Drums66

...WoW...what a happy11.gif instant Karma's going to get him poke.gif
bye1.gif (right upside the head)
kfish914
I think someone should set up a web site to embarrass the offending parker. Have it set up to add quotes location and time. That way we could take pictures including their plate and show case to the world what idiots they are.
Web site could sell border advertisement to offset the cost to host.
john rogers
There are already some websites that cover this and some that also cover bad driving and one of the best was about the freeways running east of Oakland CA but I think it has gone away.

I guess there are those that can not read English very well (third language?) as I never said I did door dings and I did say I called the police on handicap parking violators!
tradisrad
Click to view attachment
realred914
old ticket me granddad would leave for bad parking stated some thing about "may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits, and may you have early tranmission failure, on the freeway , on a weekday at 6 pm' very funny ticket.

realred914
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 28 2010, 12:05 PM) *

get on the bus gus, dont need to discus much, ...... every fricking time some one mentions a bus, I's get this song in me head, yikes!!!!!! headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif
Dr Evil
You need up increase your Seroquel dose, then poke.gif It quiets the voices wink.gif
jsayre914
Some people Park their cars. dry.gif

and some people Display their cars. biggrin.gif
RFoulds
Here is the site you need.

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

monkeyboy
I'm not impressed... I could have put my Super Duty closer to your mirror than that... smile.gif

Ever since buying a Crew Cab long bed, I have gotten used to parking in the boonies. Something tells me my freshly painted 914 isn't going to be any better.
Scott S
While it doesn’t really pertain to this situation, I have been viewed as the jerk in parking situations several times. I was in the ski industry for a good chunk of my life. In the early days, the guy I teched with had room to keep the van and I did not, so we would hook up at a local park and ride, usually late on a Friday night or very early on Saturday morning and then head to work. This lot was usually very empty at the times we were there. If there was snow, you obviously could not see the lines. A few hours later (or the next morning after they plowed) and the lines were exposed, my car was the one that was over two spaces – even randomly parked in the aisle on several occasions. Nothing I could do about it – but I sure got some angry notes.

We parked there as we knew there were cameras. I would have come unglued if someone had vandalized my car just because they thought I was simply parking like an ass.
PeeGreen 914

John- By your statement here I believe "realred" was under the impression that you are implying you will ding their door.
realred914
problem is i get most me door dings from my own parking , trying to squeeze five of them in a four car space. need bigger garage!

got a little tiny skinny triumph car, now that can park and have a couple feet on eah side in a compact stall, realy nice for making right turns on red, sneak thru the narrowest gaps, usually below the otehr cars window level, they just seem my head.

now if only i couold shrink my 914? now would a 80% scale replicacar be cool? just a funny thought, that me I could get more cars in the limited space i have??? got me thinking of plan, yes a plan!!!! ureeka!!!!!!

heck they cut shorten vws, why not a 14???????????? then procedd to narrowing (now that will be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
dadadadadada idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif

could I store them cars on there sides? even at an angle would save space, tuck one under other? have to solve the oil leak issues, but the rest could be done easy with some steel angle irons, plates and I bar and bit of welding and a hydrolic tilt lift system, heck I reckon maybe 7-10 cars easy will fit by tilting them in the space i have five cars!!! why not????? only the sky be the limit, (and me roof) smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif driving.gif driving.gif piratenanner.gif flag.gif poke.gif santa_smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif shades.gif wacko.gif aktion035.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif confused24.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
PS here i discover something that the littel blue balls above when lined up appear to bounce in a row! cool uh????
AndyB
QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 28 2010, 12:56 PM) *

John- By your statement here I believe "realred" was under the impression that you are implying you will ding their door.

And to think we all know whats happens when you assume and yet we still do it all the time dry.gif
Zundfolge
The absolute WORST car you can be door dinged by is a 914 ... our doors come equipped with a sharp, chromed metal blade on the farthest reaching part of our doors.

At any rate, most schmucks that park like that also have alarms ... grab a fender and shake the car and it'll set off the alarm. Then if he comes out to see why his alarm is going off you can ask him to move his damn car so you can get in yours.
zymurgist
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 28 2010, 10:53 AM) *

What an asshat. I often go out of my way to park in "safe" areas and someone always seems to park right next to me and close like that person did to you. Did you leave a greeting card turd on their window?

FTFY
Sleepin
IPB Image
monkeyboy
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 28 2010, 03:57 PM) *

IPB Image

I know it's a dick move, but the asshole in me says it's awesome.
Elliot Cannon
Vandalizing someones car because they parked like a dick, pretty much makes you a dick.
Cheers, Elliot
AndyB
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 28 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Vandalizing someones car because they parked like a dick, pretty much makes you a dick.
Cheers, Elliot

agree.gif
Black22
QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Oct 28 2010, 04:38 PM) *

Cheers, Elliot

agree.gif

agree.gif agree.gif I double agree and for the guy who calls the cops on "Disabled" parking without a placard, please let us do our job. If you want to be a cop, join the academy and earn your badge like the rest of us. We'll get around to those a-holes that park with disregard as soon as we catch the rapists, burglars and murderers. We don't need a 911 call for a parking violation! It is annoying to see people park like this and I hit them whenever I come across them but taking it into your own hands will cost you more in the long run. Be it a vandal charge or in karma. If they don't get caught that time they will eventually. That's just the way the world works.
I love the Mickey Mouse card BTW. Not sure what Walt would say!
1968Cayman
You know, if you post that pic on enough forums the jackhole'll eventually see it and may get the picture (no pun intended).
JRust
I feel like a dick half the time I park my Excursion damn near everywhere. The parking spots are so damn small. I'm always in my lines but some of those spots I'm barely in them on both sides. One bonus being in such a big rig is. When someone parks to close. I'll flip around & back in very close to their side of the car. I'll leave no space for them to get in. Let alone walk down the space between. I stick out so far though I can get out no problem as my door is past alot of those tiny little suckers evilgrin.gif
bigkensteele
I don't really care that much if someone parks close to me but does not ding me. I can squeeze into my car if I need to, or go to the other side. However, if I walk out and find a ding that I know was not there before and can tell by the paint transfer on their door edge....

When I park my nice cars in suburbia, I typically park so far out that no one would ever park next to them, yet I still find the occassionsal ding. There are people out there who purposely ding you. I don't know if if is class envy or what, but I have had cars dinged where they never should have, and I have seen people drive up to a nice car and purposely ding it and then drive off. I can't fathom that mindset, but I have witnessed it firsthand.
EdwardBlume
Great picture Steve!
turnaround89
when I drive the 914 I normally park way away from people...ill park at the back where no one else is, ill come out of the store and holy crap, people park next to me. its great you want to look at the car but don't park so close. I know its only a car, but when many of us have thousands of hours into our cars it sucks when there is a small chip out of the paint. it also always seems to be some rice rocket that parks next to me too, don't understand that one
realred914
QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Oct 31 2010, 10:41 PM) *

when I drive the 914 I normally park way away from people...ill park at the back where no one else is, ill come out of the store and holy crap, people park next to me. its great you want to look at the car but don't park so close. I know its only a car, but when many of us have thousands of hours into our cars it sucks when there is a small chip out of the paint. it also always seems to be some rice rocket that parks next to me too, don't understand that one

they want to be close to your 914 hoping some of its excellence will wear off on their lesser cars. hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif sawzall-smiley.gif poke.gif flag.gif driving-girl.gif confused24.gif chowtime.gif cheer.gif driving.gif headbang.gif popcorn[1].gif idea.gif ar15.gif welder.gif smash.gif smilie_pokal.gif
John

Cheers, Elliot

Where is the "line" of vandalism drawn?

Once upon a time, we were at a hotel the morning of a track event. Several of us were trying to leave and were admiring some of the cars when one poor fellow came up and asked us if we had a jack. We all did and wanted to know if he needed help. He was the owner of a beautiful Speedster that some ass-wipe parked so close to that you could not get your fingers between the vehicles.

We jacked his car up so we could shift it over and drag it out of the space. No damage was done, but it would have been damn near impossible to drive the speedster out (it was that close).

We decided as a group to jack this jack asses truck up and rotate it perpendicular to two trucks that were parked there. We left at least an inch between his bumpers and the trucks and left. (the two parked trucks were guys tow vehicles that were leaving them parked there for the day).

To our amazement, when we got back to the hotel that night, the truck was gone and no damage was done to either of the two trucks. They must have retrieved their vehicle the same way we put it there.

I agree that messing with another man's vehicles is not right, but neither is parking so damn close. Damage should not be tolerated.

We did no physical damage. They did no physical damage.

I would never condone damaging someone's vehicle.

Is moving a vehicle vandalism? I don't think so, but damaging one would be.

maf914
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 28 2010, 02:57 PM) *

IPB Image

I'm with you guys concerning inconsiderate parkers and door dingers, but this photo made me laugh and reminded me of another bitch I have. People who leave their shopping buggies anywhere they please, like up against my car. I mean, WTF! For crying out loud, you are probably safer parking in that buggy corral than in the parking spaces! I have a ding in my 914 front fender that consists of a neat row of small indentations that I assume came from someone slamming a buggy into the fender with significant force. And I was parked away from the crowd! SOB! ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.