Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> don't you hate this?
siverson
post Oct 27 2010, 09:45 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 654
Region Association: Southern California

I could barely get in my car...

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dio265.diomedestorage.com-654-1288237501.1.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dio314.diomedestorage.com-654-1288237505.2.JPG)

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/dio314.diomedestorage.com-654-1288237505.3.JPG)

-Steve
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Replies(20 - 39)
Drums66
post Oct 28 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #21

914 Rudiments

Group: Members
Member No.: 151
Region Association: Southwest Region

QUOTE(messix @ Oct 27 2010, 08:57 PM) *

i know of a guy that carries a pair of wire cutters.... for teaching ass wipes a lesson by "cutting" the valve stems of a tire or more depending on how much of a lesson they need to learn.

...WoW...what a (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy11.gif) instant Karma's going to get him (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/bye1.gif) (right upside the head)
+Quote Post
kfish914
post Oct 28 2010, 12:18 PM
Post #22

Member No.: 9,026
Region Association: Upper MidWest

I think someone should set up a web site to embarrass the offending parker. Have it set up to add quotes location and time. That way we could take pictures including their plate and show case to the world what idiots they are.
Web site could sell border advertisement to offset the cost to host.
+Quote Post
john rogers
post Oct 28 2010, 12:43 PM
Post #23

Member No.: 391

There are already some websites that cover this and some that also cover bad driving and one of the best was about the freeways running east of Oakland CA but I think it has gone away.

I guess there are those that can not read English very well (third language?) as I never said I did door dings and I did say I called the police on handicap parking violators!
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Oct 28 2010, 01:05 PM
Post #24

Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

Attached Image
+Quote Post
realred914
post Oct 28 2010, 01:27 PM
Post #25

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

old ticket me granddad would leave for bad parking stated some thing about "may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits, and may you have early tranmission failure, on the freeway , on a weekday at 6 pm' very funny ticket.

+Quote Post
realred914
post Oct 28 2010, 01:29 PM
Post #26

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 28 2010, 12:05 PM) *

Attached Image

get on the bus gus, dont need to discus much, ...... every fricking time some one mentions a bus, I's get this song in me head, yikes!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif)
+Quote Post
Dr Evil
post Oct 28 2010, 01:33 PM
Post #27

Send me your transmission!

Member No.: 1,372
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

You need up increase your Seroquel dose, then (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) It quiets the voices (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
+Quote Post
jsayre914
post Oct 28 2010, 01:46 PM
Post #28

Speed Up !!!

Member No.: 8,696
Region Association: MidAtlantic Region

Some people Park their cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)

and some people Display their cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
+Quote Post
RFoulds
post Oct 28 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #29

Green Teen 66

Member No.: 10,656
Region Association: Southwest Region

Here is the site you need.

http://www.youparklikeanasshole.com/

+Quote Post
monkeyboy
post Oct 28 2010, 02:06 PM
Post #30

Member No.: 9,147

I'm not impressed... I could have put my Super Duty closer to your mirror than that... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ever since buying a Crew Cab long bed, I have gotten used to parking in the boonies. Something tells me my freshly painted 914 isn't going to be any better.
+Quote Post
Scott S
post Oct 28 2010, 02:08 PM
Post #31

Small Member

Member No.: 633

While it doesn’t really pertain to this situation, I have been viewed as the jerk in parking situations several times. I was in the ski industry for a good chunk of my life. In the early days, the guy I teched with had room to keep the van and I did not, so we would hook up at a local park and ride, usually late on a Friday night or very early on Saturday morning and then head to work. This lot was usually very empty at the times we were there. If there was snow, you obviously could not see the lines. A few hours later (or the next morning after they plowed) and the lines were exposed, my car was the one that was over two spaces – even randomly parked in the aisle on several occasions. Nothing I could do about it – but I sure got some angry notes.

We parked there as we knew there were cameras. I would have come unglued if someone had vandalized my car just because they thought I was simply parking like an ass.
+Quote Post
PeeGreen 914
post Oct 28 2010, 02:56 PM
Post #32

Just when you think you're done...wait, there is more..lol

Member No.: 6,884
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(john rogers @ Oct 27 2010, 10:41 PM) *

I find that folks do that in the San Diego area all the time to the handicap parking places and I call the police and generally wait until they get there to make sure they get a ticket. I have had it happen at work before I retired and I generally will find who the offender is and then embarrass them into moving their car by talking loud enough so lots of people hear it. If it is in a parking lot then a good door ding will help them remember.

John- By your statement here I believe "realred" was under the impression that you are implying you will ding their door.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Oct 28 2010, 03:12 PM
Post #33

problem is i get most me door dings from my own parking , trying to squeeze five of them in a four car space. need bigger garage!

got a little tiny skinny triumph car, now that can park and have a couple feet on eah side in a compact stall, realy nice for making right turns on red, sneak thru the narrowest gaps, usually below the otehr cars window level, they just seem my head.

now if only i couold shrink my 914? now would a 80% scale replicacar be cool? just a funny thought, that me I could get more cars in the limited space i have??? got me thinking of plan, yes a plan!!!! ureeka!!!!!!

heck they cut shorten vws, why not a 14???????????? then procedd to narrowing (now that will be funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
dadadadadada (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif)

could I store them cars on there sides? even at an angle would save space, tuck one under other? have to solve the oil leak issues, but the rest could be done easy with some steel angle irons, plates and I bar and bit of welding and a hydrolic tilt lift system, heck I reckon maybe 7-10 cars easy will fit by tilting them in the space i have five cars!!! why not????? only the sky be the limit, (and me roof) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/piratenanner.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/santa_smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/shades.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/aktion035.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
PS here i discover something that the littel blue balls above when lined up appear to bounce in a row! cool uh????
+Quote Post
AndyB
post Oct 28 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #34

The Governor is watching me

Member No.: 11,595
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(PeeGreen 914 @ Oct 28 2010, 12:56 PM) *

QUOTE(john rogers @ Oct 27 2010, 10:41 PM) *

I find that folks do that in the San Diego area all the time to the handicap parking places and I call the police and generally wait until they get there to make sure they get a ticket. I have had it happen at work before I retired and I generally will find who the offender is and then embarrass them into moving their car by talking loud enough so lots of people hear it. If it is in a parking lot then a good door ding will help them remember.

John- By your statement here I believe "realred" was under the impression that you are implying you will ding their door.

And to think we all know whats happens when you assume and yet we still do it all the time (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif)
+Quote Post
Zundfolge
post Oct 28 2010, 03:16 PM
Post #35

Member No.: 7,994
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

The absolute WORST car you can be door dinged by is a 914 ... our doors come equipped with a sharp, chromed metal blade on the farthest reaching part of our doors.

At any rate, most schmucks that park like that also have alarms ... grab a fender and shake the car and it'll set off the alarm. Then if he comes out to see why his alarm is going off you can ask him to move his damn car so you can get in yours.
+Quote Post
zymurgist
post Oct 28 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #36

"Ace" Mechanic

Member No.: 4,238

QUOTE(tradisrad @ Oct 28 2010, 10:53 AM) *

What an asshat. I often go out of my way to park in "safe" areas and someone always seems to park right next to me and close like that person did to you. Did you leave a greeting card turd on their window?

FTFY
+Quote Post
Sleepin
post Oct 28 2010, 04:57 PM
Post #37

Advanced Member

Member No.: 8,357
Region Association: Rocky Mountains

(IMG:http://www.914world.com/bbs2/uploads_offsite/thatwillbuffout.files.wordpress.com-8357-1288306641.1.jpg)
+Quote Post
monkeyboy
post Oct 28 2010, 05:25 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 9,147

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 28 2010, 03:57 PM) *

I know it's a dick move, but the asshole in me says it's awesome.
+Quote Post
Elliot Cannon
post Oct 28 2010, 05:34 PM
Post #39

914 Guru

Member No.: 7,407

Vandalizing someones car because they parked like a dick, pretty much makes you a dick.
Cheers, Elliot
+Quote Post
AndyB
post Oct 28 2010, 05:38 PM
Post #40

The Governor is watching me

Member No.: 11,595
Region Association: North East States

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 28 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Vandalizing someones car because they parked like a dick, pretty much makes you a dick.
Cheers, Elliot

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:49 PM