Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V < 1 2 3  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> don't you hate this?
Black22
post Oct 28 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #41

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,290
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(abayer1969 @ Oct 28 2010, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 28 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Vandalizing someones car because they parked like a dick, pretty much makes you a dick.
Cheers, Elliot

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) I double agree and for the guy who calls the cops on "Disabled" parking without a placard, please let us do our job. If you want to be a cop, join the academy and earn your badge like the rest of us. We'll get around to those a-holes that park with disregard as soon as we catch the rapists, burglars and murderers. We don't need a 911 call for a parking violation! It is annoying to see people park like this and I hit them whenever I come across them but taking it into your own hands will cost you more in the long run. Be it a vandal charge or in karma. If they don't get caught that time they will eventually. That's just the way the world works.
I love the Mickey Mouse card BTW. Not sure what Walt would say!
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
1968Cayman
post Oct 29 2010, 09:55 PM
Post #42

Redacted by Irving Washington

Member No.: 11,332
Region Association: South East States

You know, if you post that pic on enough forums the jackhole'll eventually see it and may get the picture (no pun intended).
+Quote Post
JRust
post Oct 29 2010, 10:59 PM
Post #43

914 Guru

Member No.: 129
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

I feel like a dick half the time I park my Excursion damn near everywhere. The parking spots are so damn small. I'm always in my lines but some of those spots I'm barely in them on both sides. One bonus being in such a big rig is. When someone parks to close. I'll flip around & back in very close to their side of the car. I'll leave no space for them to get in. Let alone walk down the space between. I stick out so far though I can get out no problem as my door is past alot of those tiny little suckers (IMG:style_emoticons/default/evilgrin.gif)
+Quote Post
bigkensteele
post Oct 29 2010, 11:32 PM
Post #44

Major Member

Member No.: 2,660
Region Association: South East States

I don't really care that much if someone parks close to me but does not ding me. I can squeeze into my car if I need to, or go to the other side. However, if I walk out and find a ding that I know was not there before and can tell by the paint transfer on their door edge....

When I park my nice cars in suburbia, I typically park so far out that no one would ever park next to them, yet I still find the occassionsal ding. There are people out there who purposely ding you. I don't know if if is class envy or what, but I have had cars dinged where they never should have, and I have seen people drive up to a nice car and purposely ding it and then drive off. I can't fathom that mindset, but I have witnessed it firsthand.
+Quote Post
EdwardBlume
post Oct 31 2010, 09:36 AM
Post #45

914 Wizard

Member No.: 81
Region Association: Central California

Great picture Steve!
+Quote Post
turnaround89
post Oct 31 2010, 11:41 PM
Post #46

Member No.: 9,067
Region Association: Upper MidWest

when I drive the 914 I normally park way away from people...ill park at the back where no one else is, ill come out of the store and holy crap, people park next to me. its great you want to look at the car but don't park so close. I know its only a car, but when many of us have thousands of hours into our cars it sucks when there is a small chip out of the paint. it also always seems to be some rice rocket that parks next to me too, don't understand that one
+Quote Post
realred914
post Nov 1 2010, 08:42 AM
Post #47

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

QUOTE(turnaround89 @ Oct 31 2010, 10:41 PM) *

when I drive the 914 I normally park way away from people...ill park at the back where no one else is, ill come out of the store and holy crap, people park next to me. its great you want to look at the car but don't park so close. I know its only a car, but when many of us have thousands of hours into our cars it sucks when there is a small chip out of the paint. it also always seems to be some rice rocket that parks next to me too, don't understand that one

they want to be close to your 914 hoping some of its excellence will wear off on their lesser cars. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/hissyfit.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sawzall-smiley.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/poke.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/flag.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving-girl.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/confused24.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/chowtime.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheer.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/headbang.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/popcorn[1].gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/idea.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/welder.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smilie_pokal.gif)
+Quote Post
John
post Nov 1 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #48

member? what's a member?

Member No.: 1,615

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 28 2010, 03:34 PM) *

Vandalizing someones car because they parked like a dick, pretty much makes you a dick.
Cheers, Elliot

Where is the "line" of vandalism drawn?

Once upon a time, we were at a hotel the morning of a track event. Several of us were trying to leave and were admiring some of the cars when one poor fellow came up and asked us if we had a jack. We all did and wanted to know if he needed help. He was the owner of a beautiful Speedster that some ass-wipe parked so close to that you could not get your fingers between the vehicles.

We jacked his car up so we could shift it over and drag it out of the space. No damage was done, but it would have been damn near impossible to drive the speedster out (it was that close).

We decided as a group to jack this jack asses truck up and rotate it perpendicular to two trucks that were parked there. We left at least an inch between his bumpers and the trucks and left. (the two parked trucks were guys tow vehicles that were leaving them parked there for the day).

To our amazement, when we got back to the hotel that night, the truck was gone and no damage was done to either of the two trucks. They must have retrieved their vehicle the same way we put it there.

I agree that messing with another man's vehicles is not right, but neither is parking so damn close. Damage should not be tolerated.

We did no physical damage. They did no physical damage.

I would never condone damaging someone's vehicle.

Is moving a vehicle vandalism? I don't think so, but damaging one would be.

+Quote Post
maf914
post Nov 1 2010, 12:21 PM
Post #49

Not a Guru!

Member No.: 632

QUOTE(Sleepin @ Oct 28 2010, 02:57 PM) *

I'm with you guys concerning inconsiderate parkers and door dingers, but this photo made me laugh and reminded me of another bitch I have. People who leave their shopping buggies anywhere they please, like up against my car. I mean, WTF! For crying out loud, you are probably safer parking in that buggy corral than in the parking spaces! I have a ding in my 914 front fender that consists of a neat row of small indentations that I assume came from someone slamming a buggy into the fender with significant force. And I was parked away from the crowd! SOB! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ar15.gif)
+Quote Post

3 Pages V < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 31st May 2024 - 09:32 PM