Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Front bumper pad removal, how to?
bob91403
post Oct 5 2004, 10:24 AM
Post #21

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,763

QUOTE(ruddyboys @ Apr 21 2004, 05:29 PM)
The front top pad was taken off by the PO and replaced with a homemade fiberglass one (and it looked it). I have the original pad and all the bolts were sered of on removal I assume. I was thinking of drilling straight thru the rubber and putting some carage bolts painted black thru to attach to bumper. It should look to bad, untill I can aford a good replacement

Couldn't you drill the cut off posts and use some washers and sheet metal screws? Carriage bolts would look poor. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Oct 5 2004, 10:30 AM
Post #22

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

To loosen the bolts for the bumper use a long extension with socket method. Someone already stated before, turn wheel left loosen bolts, turn wheen right loosen bolts, have something or someone catch bumper.

If you are tossing your old pad, just turn the little nuts. Either they will come off or break the little studs. Either way it will come off. I think there are 6 of them? <_<
+Quote Post
bob91403
post Oct 5 2004, 10:32 AM
Post #23

Member No.: 2,763

QUOTE(7391420 @ Oct 5 2004, 09:09 AM)

-The nuts are so far inside of the wheel wells, I cant access them with any wrench or similar tool!

-What would you all recommend for use to reach these? My socket set will reach but then there is no room to turn it! Maybe just a 15mm wrench and try to turn it a little at a time? I still dont think this will work because the space is so small?

Help!

-William, if your out there I'm west of boston, in Natick, let me know if you are around this weekend, maybe I take you up on your offer (of 6 months ago!) if I cant get the bumper off by sunday

-Adam

acox was right. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif) Turn the wheels out to give you enough room to get at those bolts, should be easy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wavey.gif)
+Quote Post
Aaron Cox
post Oct 5 2004, 10:56 AM
Post #24

Professional Lawn Dart

Group: Retired Admin
Member No.: 219
Region Association: Southern California

use a 6 to 12" extension on a 3/8 ratchet. EASY. i used a 5 gallon bucket and a towel to hold mine.
+Quote Post
post Oct 5 2004, 11:43 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 988

Thanks guys,

I'll give it a go over the next day or 2, I may need to get a better extention for my socket set, I think all i have is a 4 inch attachment, so I'll probably pick up a longer one!
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 01:20 AM