Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Problems starting my 72 914
mulan29369
post Nov 1 2010, 11:00 AM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 7,620

Hello Guys,
this has been a great forum so far .Unfortunately I need you help now. I bought a very nice 1972 1.7L on this Forum and drove it all the way back from VA to SC (360 miles) without any problems. Even stopped a couple times on my way. Finally parked the car in the garage and didn't touch it. Next day she wouldn't start at all. Not even a "click" when I moved to position 4 on the ignition ....

Any ideas ? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
Andy
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
TheCabinetmaker
post Nov 1 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #2

I drive my car everyday

Group: Members
Member No.: 666

Battery good? Cables tight? A little more info is needed here. We're good, but we're not mindreaders.
+Quote Post
realred914
post Nov 1 2010, 11:13 AM
Post #3

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

QUOTE(mulan29369 @ Nov 1 2010, 10:00 AM) *

Hello Guys,
this has been a great forum so far .Unfortunately I need you help now. I bought a very nice 1972 1.7L on this Forum and drove it all the way back from VA to SC (360 miles) without any problems. Even stopped a couple times on my way. Finally parked the car in the garage and didn't touch it. Next day she wouldn't start at all. Not even a "click" when I moved to position 4 on the ignition ....

Any ideas ? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
Andy

not even a click??? that to me means dead battery or the key switch died. when you turn on the igintion switch the feul pump should be audiable for a couple seconds then it shuts off, you hear no noise at all, no pump and no starter solinoid click kind of leaves it to dead battery or a dead switch. try a battery charge over night and see if that fixes it, else time to start tracing lost power.

good luck
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th May 2024 - 01:58 PM