Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Problems starting my 72 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mulan29369
Hello Guys,
this has been a great forum so far .Unfortunately I need you help now. I bought a very nice 1972 1.7L on this Forum and drove it all the way back from VA to SC (360 miles) without any problems. Even stopped a couple times on my way. Finally parked the car in the garage and didn't touch it. Next day she wouldn't start at all. Not even a "click" when I moved to position 4 on the ignition ....

Any ideas ? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
Andy
TheCabinetmaker
Battery good? Cables tight? A little more info is needed here. We're good, but we're not mindreaders.
realred914
QUOTE(mulan29369 @ Nov 1 2010, 10:00 AM) *

Hello Guys,
this has been a great forum so far .Unfortunately I need you help now. I bought a very nice 1972 1.7L on this Forum and drove it all the way back from VA to SC (360 miles) without any problems. Even stopped a couple times on my way. Finally parked the car in the garage and didn't touch it. Next day she wouldn't start at all. Not even a "click" when I moved to position 4 on the ignition ....

Any ideas ? I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance
Andy

not even a click??? that to me means dead battery or the key switch died. when you turn on the igintion switch the feul pump should be audiable for a couple seconds then it shuts off, you hear no noise at all, no pump and no starter solinoid click kind of leaves it to dead battery or a dead switch. try a battery charge over night and see if that fixes it, else time to start tracing lost power.

good luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.