Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> cam shaft selection, 2056 cc D-jet
realred914
post Nov 11 2010, 10:24 AM
Post #1

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

looking for advice on cam shaft selection for a 2056 cc motor that will be running the stock D-jet injection system.

sicne I will have big bore cylinders is there any recommended cam grind other than the stock one that will work well?

also is there any other goodies i should consider to go along with the big bore pistons?

thanks in advance (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_bump.gif)
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
blitZ
post Nov 11 2010, 10:51 AM
Post #2

Beer please...

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,719
Region Association: South East States

I have Jakes 9550 cam in my dJet 2056 and it works very well. Nice hp increase and cooler head temperatures.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Nov 11 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #3

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 11 2010, 08:51 AM) *

I have Jakes 9550 cam in my dJet 2056 and it works very well. Nice hp increase and cooler head temperatures.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/agree.gif)

Many are running Jakes cam and I plan on doing the same when my engine comes out again.
+Quote Post
tradisrad
post Nov 11 2010, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 6,815
Region Association: Northern California

yep, the raby cam is nice in my engine. You will need to have the MPS tweaked by someone or install a O2 and do the tuning your self.
+Quote Post
sean_v8_914
post Nov 11 2010, 11:37 AM
Post #5

Chingon 601

Member No.: 3,541

10jreen currently running a jake cam'd 2056 w d jet and AA 96mm. we sure flog that poor thing. if it died tomorrow it would be an honorable death
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Nov 11 2010, 11:48 AM
Post #6

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095

My 9550 is a specific grind for stock injection, but that doesn't mean that its what I'll choose for you if you decide to buy one of my cam packages.

I have the 9560, 9590 and 9595 that may also be applicable based on your CR, elevation, intended RPM range, head work and overall goals for the engine.

The 9550 is a nice cam and the most popular, but its not a one size fits all for every stock FI application.
+Quote Post
Root_Werks
post Nov 11 2010, 01:38 PM
Post #7

Village Idiot

Member No.: 2,105
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 11 2010, 09:48 AM) *

My 9550 is a specific grind for stock injection, but that doesn't mean that its what I'll choose for you if you decide to buy one of my cam packages.

I have the 9560, 9590 and 9595 that may also be applicable based on your CR, elevation, intended RPM range, head work and overall goals for the engine.

The 9550 is a nice cam and the most popular, but its not a one size fits all for every stock FI application.

Not to get too side tracked Jake, but I plan on taking my 914 engine out this winter just for this upgrade.

I'll use stock heads, with 96's, probably 8.5-9.0:1 with L-Jet (Not D-Jet).
Which one of your cams would be best? Sea level driving.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/driving.gif)
+Quote Post
realred914
post Nov 12 2010, 11:23 AM
Post #8

Group: Retired Members
Member No.: 11,541
Region Association: None

QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 11 2010, 09:48 AM) *

jake i sent you the form filled out you emailed me, still i am open to valve and compression selection as the motor is still in planning stage so no new componnets have been bought yet.

looking forward to your suggestions on cam and what you recomomend to run with it.

thanks!
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Nov 12 2010, 07:11 PM
Post #9

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095

doesn't quite work that way..

I'll need you to tell me what you have for CR, valve sizes and other head specs.. I can't make a selection without this..

I also won't recommend settings because I then become responsible for your engine design and I can't do that.. You are the designer and builder and those things are up to you to research, learn and apply.

I have engine kits that feature my full design.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th May 2024 - 04:39 PM