Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: cam shaft selection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
realred914
looking for advice on cam shaft selection for a 2056 cc motor that will be running the stock D-jet injection system.

sicne I will have big bore cylinders is there any recommended cam grind other than the stock one that will work well?

also is there any other goodies i should consider to go along with the big bore pistons?

thanks in advance icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
blitZ
I have Jakes 9550 cam in my dJet 2056 and it works very well. Nice hp increase and cooler head temperatures.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(blitZ @ Nov 11 2010, 08:51 AM) *

I have Jakes 9550 cam in my dJet 2056 and it works very well. Nice hp increase and cooler head temperatures.

agree.gif

Many are running Jakes cam and I plan on doing the same when my engine comes out again.
tradisrad
yep, the raby cam is nice in my engine. You will need to have the MPS tweaked by someone or install a O2 and do the tuning your self.
sean_v8_914
10jreen currently running a jake cam'd 2056 w d jet and AA 96mm. we sure flog that poor thing. if it died tomorrow it would be an honorable death
Jake Raby
My 9550 is a specific grind for stock injection, but that doesn't mean that its what I'll choose for you if you decide to buy one of my cam packages.

I have the 9560, 9590 and 9595 that may also be applicable based on your CR, elevation, intended RPM range, head work and overall goals for the engine.

The 9550 is a nice cam and the most popular, but its not a one size fits all for every stock FI application.
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 11 2010, 09:48 AM) *

My 9550 is a specific grind for stock injection, but that doesn't mean that its what I'll choose for you if you decide to buy one of my cam packages.

I have the 9560, 9590 and 9595 that may also be applicable based on your CR, elevation, intended RPM range, head work and overall goals for the engine.

The 9550 is a nice cam and the most popular, but its not a one size fits all for every stock FI application.

Not to get too side tracked Jake, but I plan on taking my 914 engine out this winter just for this upgrade.

I'll use stock heads, with 96's, probably 8.5-9.0:1 with L-Jet (Not D-Jet).
Which one of your cams would be best? Sea level driving.
driving.gif
realred914
QUOTE(Jake Raby @ Nov 11 2010, 09:48 AM) *

jake i sent you the form filled out you emailed me, still i am open to valve and compression selection as the motor is still in planning stage so no new componnets have been bought yet.

looking forward to your suggestions on cam and what you recomomend to run with it.

thanks!
Jake Raby
doesn't quite work that way..

I'll need you to tell me what you have for CR, valve sizes and other head specs.. I can't make a selection without this..

I also won't recommend settings because I then become responsible for your engine design and I can't do that.. You are the designer and builder and those things are up to you to research, learn and apply.

I have engine kits that feature my full design.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.