Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Feel the burn, My first AX
Randal
post Apr 23 2004, 04:54 PM
Post #21

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 750

Here are a couple of other things:

Don't forget to bring lots of water, gateraid or whatever as when you're out on the course you need to stay hydrated. The Marina sometimes feels cool because of the ocean breeze, but it's a great place to cook.

Bring sunscreen and use it in the morning and in the PM.

And a big hat the covers your entire head. If you don't have one there is a big drug store that has that kind of stuff about halfway through town on the right heading toward the airfield.

You can't miss the field, as there is a huge water tank (?) that you can actually see from 152.

BTW the LPR people are really nice and they run a good event.

Don't forget to remember exactly how you feel when you get your first time slip. You'll need to tell all the people on the BBS.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
peridotian
post Apr 23 2004, 05:22 PM
Post #22

Unregistered

My Brother in law is sending me fedxsaturdaydelivery an AX video so y'all better watch out. Beer is good for hydrating, no? Wife says borrow helmet for now and if you have fun you can buy a helmet. Wait till she hears about the new tires and wheels I'm gonna need! I was born in Texas so I gotta big hat. Am taking my son out this evening for shift practice and tomorrow as well. Brad won't send me his address so I will not caravan, but we will be there early. WooHoo! Herr Mueller, you can drive my 914if I can run your tail dragger!
+Quote Post
Mueller
post Apr 23 2004, 05:31 PM
Post #23

914 Freak!

Member No.: 87
Region Association: None

I should have an extra helmet (small) for someone to borrow as long as you don't have fleas, hahahaha

not too sure about letting you drive my 911, you might post a lower time than myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

it's okay, I don't know Brads address either....I will be swinging past your place....I'll PM you later on to get your cell number
+Quote Post
Britain Smith
post Apr 23 2004, 06:20 PM
Post #24

Nano Member

Member No.: 364

Brad is in Hayward, right off 880. I am in Milpitas, right off 880. I am not sure which is the fast way to get there for you, but if you go down 880...give me a ring and we can work something out.

-Britain
+Quote Post
Jake Raby
post Apr 23 2004, 08:12 PM
Post #25

Engine Surgeon

Member No.: 1,095
Region Association: South East States

going the first time in a slow car is much better than the first time in a fast car! The first time I did it I was in my 914... That day it was all I could do just to figure out what gears I needed to be in!
I'm no good at it, maybe I'd be better in the 912, atleast its not so damn peaky!
+Quote Post
Trekkor
post Apr 24 2004, 04:12 PM
Post #26

I do things...

Member No.: 1,413
Region Association: Northern California

It's Go Time!

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th June 2024 - 08:56 AM