Home  |  Forums  |  914 Info  |  Blogs

914World.com - The fastest growing online 914 community!

Porsche, and the Porsche crest are registered trademarks of Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG. This site is not affiliated with Porsche in any way.
Its only purpose is to provide an online forum for car enthusiasts. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> harness bar, does look ok to you?
vwsamba
post Nov 23 2010, 09:21 PM
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,407
Region Association: None

i was thinking of putting a cage and harnesses in my 6 but could not see how it would fit. i browsed and found this pic but it does'nt look right to me. i had to cut and remount my harness bar for being too low at a lemons race now this looks too high? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Attached image(s)
Attached Image
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
stewteral
post Nov 23 2010, 10:33 PM
Post #2

Old Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 8,424
Region Association: Southern California

QUOTE(vwsamba @ Nov 23 2010, 07:21 PM) *

i was thinking of putting a cage and harnesses in my 6 but could not see how it would fit. i browsed and found this pic but it does'nt look right to me. i had to cut and remount my harness bar for being too low at a lemons race now this looks too high? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Hey VW Samba,

For my track/street 914 I simply drilled 2 harness hole are the seat-back level in the firewall and then backed up the mounting points with a 3/16" thick, 2" x 12" plate. Easy, cheap and leave lots of room in the engine bay, not to mention rear-view room out the back of the car.

A thought.....

Best,
Terry
+Quote Post
dinomium
post Dec 1 2010, 01:28 AM
Post #3

Git on a chair son, all the good stuff is goin over yer head!

Group: Benefactors
Member No.: 74
Region Association: Pacific Northwest

QUOTE(vwsamba @ Nov 23 2010, 07:21 PM) *

Yes, those are WAY too high, check out this link from Crow enterprises on their recommended install for belts. I use them and this guide in my RX7 track car...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

- Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 03:51 AM